Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnlambert

I bought this a couple of weeks ago, it completed a couple of hours running in and the front bogie came unscrewed.  Back to the shop it went, there were no others left but I was promised that a replacement screw could be obtained from Barwell.  With the new screw fitted it is back on my layout.

I've wanted a LMS Black Five for years because I had a Hornby one many years ago; one in BR livery seemed like just the thing for my layout.

I do love the colour combination of lined black loco with crimson & cream coaches.

Westbury

Added a class 70 to my modern fleet ...

[smg id=23758 type=preview align=center caption="Class 70"]

Bought it direct from Freightliner's own online gift shop as it was cheaper than anywhere else.

:wave:

Trainfish

Nice one Westbury. Even though it's not really the era I'm modelling I love my class 70 also bought directly from Freightliner.

As for my recent purchases, I bought 12 of these wagons from the local flea market/collectors' fair for £50.

https://youtu.be/sWKI-_upmZc
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Dancess

S15 in Southern livery - not my era but paint job looks good.

Not able to post images at present but pics in my S15 album
S&D lives on - sort of!

Caz

Are these the pictures you are trying to show?

Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Dancess

S&D lives on - sort of!

johnlambert

Bought a couple of Peco 16T mineral wagons on Ebay:

Also a Graham Farish Class 08 shunter in green with wasp stripes, similar to the one based at Leamington shed in the 1960s

talisman56

Purchases at Trainwest:

Three 'Dogfish', to go with the other seven in the set I already have

and a couple of wagons - the PO wagon is the 2007/08 Collectors Club special

Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

Trainfish

£201.15 spent this week which was a saving of £21.90 on the marked prices below. All but the unboxed wagons on the right were bought at Trainwest in Melksham  :thumbsup:

EDIT: I forgot, I also won a 73 on ebay   :thumbsup:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

GeeBee

Also at Trainwest I added a further 12 wagons to my EWS fleet pictures to follow
Graham

Westbury

Couldn't resist this when I saw it on ebay...

[smg id=24008 type=preview align=center caption="Graham Farish S&DJR 3F"]

New, split from set I believe
Was a a good price and a lovely little runner...

paulprice

Well I had a couple of additions to the fleet, well 3 actually.....but I have been a good boy lately, and Fleabay unearthed these.

The Jinties are the older Farish model, which I think is still a rather good model, which is good because I now have 7  :o  :o One of them was a terrible runner, but after messing about with it, I discovered the chassis was a little bent, a bit of gentle pressure and all was well again. I must admit they will not be in this state for long, I have plans, 0-6-2T plans to be more precise.....

The Ivatt was a bargain, £30 and totally mint, in fact it looks like it had never been run, the only thing is a slightly damaged ladder on the tender.
I know its not a patch on the latest Farish example but I always wanted one as a kid and now I have one, who knows she may even escape the weathering brush, well maybe

MattJ

D832 Onslaught arrives to keep D823 Hermes company!

[smg id=24017 type=preview align=center caption="Onslaught"]
They're there for their tea.

Skyline2uk

Already mentioned this elsewhere, but Trainwest saw me come home with one of these...

[smg id=24048]

Very please to have got this set as I didn't feel like joining the Dapol club just for one when it was new.

Runs very nicely, and saw some service on "Cross Street" during the afternoon  :)

Skyline2uk

johnlambert

Bought some new wagons from Chris in Prague.

Chiquita banana wagon

Castle Estates insulated van

Castle Estates tube wagon

Castle Estates 10-foot wheelbase van

"Sam's Cider" van

Latest Ebay purchase, two unpainted kit-built vans.  I'm not sure what sort of vans they are but they seem to be vacuum fitted so I'll have to paint them BR Bauxite.

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £25.67
Below Goal: £74.33
Site Currency: GBP
26% 
May Donations