Unhappy Thread

Started by Caz, August 26, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Graham

Quote from: Papyrus on December 22, 2022, 09:57:22 AM
That looks mendable to me - it's only in 3 pieces. Araldite or decent quality superglue should do it. All right, you wouldn't want to risk drinking out of it again, but you could use it to store paint brushes or the like.

Cheers,

Chris

Ah but there were about 100 other splinters which are not shown. Will have to get one ordered from @Tank and delivered to my brother in the UK so I can pick it up mid next year when I am over.

Quote from: Newportnobby on December 22, 2022, 10:05:16 AM
Quote from: Bealman on December 22, 2022, 04:55:36 AM
Fill it up with VB and that won't happen  :D

It was filling it with VB that caused it to happen :o
Imagine what it's doing to your innards >:D

It has been a long time since I drank a VB, never quite found it to my taste. prefer a good IPA, or a glass of wine, maybe it is an age thing.

Tank

Oh no!  Lovely to hear that it was your favourite mug....but, a tragic ending.  Currently there are only mugs from one of the links above.  I've sold absolutely nothing since last April I think....!   ;D  Prices I imagine.

I could see if I can find a company who is willing to print a load, and then then them straight to everyone's addresses.  I'll make a thread in the new year to see if there is interest.  Hopefully no more than £10 delivered.

steve836

Reminds me of a mug we had when I worked (part time) in the goods depot at Brentwood station. It was in two pieces, the side without the handle was towards the drinker if the person was right handed. As a practical joke we woul "glue" the two parts together with condensed milk then leave it by the fire to dry. The "joke" was that it was possible to fill it with tea and for it to be picked up, but as the victim tilted it to drink the side would fall off.
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

zwilnik

Big dental appointment today to remove the root of a tooth that had snapped and pop the socket for an implant into the hole it left.
Unfortunately, due to the nerve being super sensitive and a lingering infection hidden away in the dead tooth the anaesthetic wasn't strong enough to do anything beyond removing the old tooth and the dentist has had to pack it with bone, sew it up and send me on my way with painkillers and antibiotics to come back in 5 months after the bone's had time to regrow :(

dannyboy

David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

emjaybee

Quote from: zwilnik on January 24, 2023, 03:35:35 PM
Big dental appointment today to remove the root of a tooth that had snapped and pop the socket for an implant into the hole it left.
Unfortunately, due to the nerve being super sensitive and a lingering infection hidden away in the dead tooth the anaesthetic wasn't strong enough to do anything beyond removing the old tooth and the dentist has had to pack it with bone, sew it up and send me on my way with painkillers and antibiotics to come back in 5 months after the bone's had time to regrow :(

:sick2:
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Newportnobby

About the middle of last year I received a letter from Chorley Hospital asking me to attend an appointment in March this year at the Neurology Department. Now, it's distinctly possible I do need my bumps feeling but I rang them to see who had made this appointment as I believed it was a mistake and someone else was missing out. Needless to say, after 20 minutes or so no one had picked the phone up so I e mailed them instead to the effect that a failure to advise me who had made the appointment and why would result in me not turning up.
This morning I had a letter advising me the March appointment had been cancelled and a new one made for October (don't people use the word 'postponed' any more? ::)) so again I telephoned them and got through after about 10 minutes. I explained to the chap I thought it was a mistake and he agreed when he saw I'd never been to Neurology from my extensive medical records. He has said he'll have a word with the consultant involved and cancel the October appointment.
I'm tempted to put money on me getting a postponement letter in about 6 months time :hmmm:

zwilnik

Quote from: Newportnobby on January 27, 2023, 12:11:03 PM

I'm tempted to put money on me getting a postponement letter in about 6 months time :hmmm:

by which point they'll have done your head in enough that you'll actually need a neurology appointment.

Trainfish

Quote from: Newportnobby on January 27, 2023, 12:11:03 PM
This morning I had a letter advising me the March appointment had been cancelled and a new one made for October (don't people use the word 'postponed' any more? ::))

I know the answer to this one, it makes the figures look better. If it's postponed then it will be in the late appointments category when numbers are published. If it's cancelled and a new appointment made it doesn't  :thumbsup:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

pinball

Despite reading the forum most days, I still have some sort of word blindness to the word "gauge" and keep spelling it as "guage". For some other reason I always like to type the whole url out at the top, I can't get on with stuff like bookmarks or whatnot. It is probably why I prefer driving good honest BREL or Brush designed traction, rather than any of this newfangled stuff with a "Train Management System".

The amount of times I've put www.nguageforum.co.uk in and been rewarded with "Hmm. We're having trouble finding that site." on Firefox and wondered why the site is down yet again have run into at least triple figures now!

Trainfish

I don't have trouble with the spelling but I do have my browser set up to open the forum in 3 separate tabs whenever it opens so I don't have to type it in. Depends what browser you use but it's a relatively simple task which someone, possibly me, can talk you through if it helps  :thumbsup:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

pinball

Cheers! I should really bookmark it. I use Firefox.

Given it's a word I use both on duty and on here a lot, I am surprised it still hasn't sunk in!

harper

Your not the only, anyway back to my seatch for n guage track.

Yet_Another

Royal Mail delivered what I assume is my Revolution Zander orders today. Why is this in the unhappy thread? Because I told them, on Saturday, to deliver on Wednesday, when I'll actually be there.

Nothing like the sinking feeling of seeing a photograph of a parcel outside your front door when you're 90 miles away.
Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

The Q

I've a 6ft length of aluminium tube being delivered next week. Now I'm retired it's not a problem. But when I was working I'd be very worried what they'd do with it..

A couple of weeks ago I had a new boom for my little sailing boat delivered. I asked for it to be left behind the boat if not in, ( clearly visible in the yard). I was out walking the dog so where did they leave it?
Standing on end against the back wall.. a gust of wind and it could have blown down onto the concrete and damaged..

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations