Unhappy Thread

Started by Caz, August 26, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Quote from: Trainfish on October 23, 2022, 10:48:58 AM
I'm not really collecting them as such but I do need to send pictures to my employer as proof  :thumbsup:

Hopefully you don't feel obliged to send your employer pictures of your idea of company uniform :no: :worried:
Get well soon, Sir

Trainfish

Quote from: MinZaPint on October 23, 2022, 11:23:17 AM
When I had my brush with the bug I had 1 day really rough 2 days not so good and the rest of the time like a bad bout of flu, lasted about a fortnight. Worst bit was it knackered my Beer buds for a while, all back to normal now, just off to the pub to check  (I'm jealous) :beers:

I started feeling rough last Saturday after flying to Egypt a week ago Wednesday. Had a couple of rough days whilst there but it's worse now since returning on Wednesday/Thursday. People tell me to rest up but I find that very difficult and need to be doing something or I get very very bored. I try not to get down and miserable when not well but this one is testing my patience but trying like mad to keep my odd sense of humour. I have had 2 beers since returning from holiday but didn't really enjoy them which is rather worrying  :goggleeyes:

At least the other 3 who I went with are ok and showing negative  :thumbsup:

Quote from: dannyboy on October 23, 2022, 11:23:31 AM
Hopefully it won't be too long before your top and bottom stop feeling rough.  ;)
I hope you're right  :moony:

Quote from: Newportnobby on October 23, 2022, 11:24:00 AM
Hopefully you don't feel obliged to send your employer pictures of your idea of company uniform :no: :worried:
Get well soon, Sir

Thanks Mick. Did I ever show you a picture of my online interview outfit where they could only see my top half?  :-[
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Newportnobby

Quote from: Trainfish on October 23, 2022, 11:43:37 AM
Thanks Mick. Did I ever show you a picture of my online interview outfit where they could only see my top half?  :-[

:stop: :stop: :stop: :computerangry: :computerangry: :sick2:

Trainfish

Still feeling as rough as a badger's  :moony: so no surprise that I now have a hat trick  :*(

John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

stevewalker

You may be on the mend at least - that last one looks a little less solid. People who've had it (we've managed to keep it out of this house) have told me that the test line is not simply solidly there or not, but becomes lighter as your viral load lessens.

joe cassidy

Have you tried the hair of the dog - Egyptian Stella ?

port perran

The T line seems to be getting fainter so perhaps that's a good sign.
Get well soon.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Trainfish

The T line is a lot darker in real life than on the screen although it is very slightly lighter than the other 2. I'll do another test on Wednesday which will be from a new box which I think may be more conclusive. In all honesty I don't really care what the lines say, I just want to feel better. I get breathless just going up the stairs at the moment so I can't even get into the loft.
On a brighter note I have managed to buy 3 more container wagons with 2x 30' Ford containers on each over the past couple of days  :thumbsup:
John

<*))))><

Trainfish

Quote from: joe cassidy on October 24, 2022, 01:02:52 PM
Have you tried the hair of the dog - Egyptian Stella ?

Hell no! I doubt I had more than 6 pints of that when I was over there. I got bitten to death (well, not quite death) by insects the first couple of days so I drank a lot of gin and tonic as someone told me there is quinine in the tonic. I have no idea if that's true but I did get bitten a lot less after switching to it  :thumbsup:
John

<*))))><

stevewalker

Tonic was the British East India Company's Soldiers' way of taking quinine in a more palatable form - mixed with soda water and sugar. Later it was discovered that it made it so much better that it was actually enjoyable, when gin was added.

Trainfish

And on we go. Not feeling quite as rough but still get tired easily and am rather snotty. I'm bored with this now  :(

John

<*))))><

The Q

my brother tested positive for 18 days....

Trainfish

Well that's uplifting then. I reckon I'm on day 12 now as I didn't take any test kits with me to Egypt.
John

<*))))><

Bob G

Time to buy some more Yeoman hoppers, perhaps?

Get well soon
Bob

EDIT - I read recently that statins (which I take to keep cholesterol low) improves outcomes with Covid. Just a thought. You need the pills, not the low dose spreads which my doctor friend said was a total waste of space.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Bob G on October 26, 2022, 10:57:44 AM

EDIT - I read recently that statins (which I take to keep cholesterol low) improves outcomes with Covid.

That's good. I've been on statins since 1995 :D

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations