Unhappy Thread

Started by Caz, August 26, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madann01 and 23 Guests are viewing this topic.

dannyboy

I have to agree with Mick. The first classified I posted I was told I had to add a picture, which I did and the advert' was then approved. I was then told I could add pictures. Might be handy if the message about adding pictures after approval is re-worded a bit.  :)
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

guest311

as ever, Mick, we thank you for your input.

hopefully you are feeling a bit / much better today.

I was lucky, first flue jab this year, hadn't bothered before though SWMBO has been having them, with and without reaction, for some years.
then the first vaccine jab, and no problems there, though I did note on the 'script' on the computer the question 'are you pregnant ?', so I did confirm to the lady who gave me the jab that as I am 'a' 74 and 'b' male, no I was not pregnant.  :smiley-laughing:

I have laid in a stock of bananas, just in case. :-[

stay safe

steve836

Are the bananas in case you get a tropical variant?
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

emjaybee

Quote from: steve836 on February 28, 2021, 06:12:38 PM
Are the bananas in case you get a tropical variant?

Nope, he's just too tight to buy boomerangs.
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

talisman56

Had my Covid jab at Ashton Gate yesterday lunchtime, rested for 15 minutes before joining SWMBO back at the car (she said 'I'm coming along just in case you can't drive when you get out'). Had a burger and coffee for lunch then went for a walk along the Bristol harbourside.

Felt fine yesterday but woke up this morning with tenderness around the jab site, and a really thick head and nacent nausea.

The nausea has gone and the thick head eased a bit, but still feeling not right. Hoping everything will be OK once I've had a good night's sleep...
Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

Newportnobby

Hope you feel better tomorrow. I'm OK now but felt really rough for 3 days.

Newportnobby

Some may recall a couple of years ago my mancave (aka the conservatory) sprang a small leak in the roof. Well, in the recent windy wet weather it's happened again. I got the repairers out to it yesterday and they have sealed the ornate uPVC piece at the apex with sealant guns. However......
.....as the roof is over 12 years old and seals are likely to perish (sorry, Mr.Attenborough) etc I've decided to bite the bullet and have a new roof which will likely be a simpler, more solid type e.g.
https://www.penworthamglass.com/conservatory-warm-roofs.html

I'm waiting a quote (expected to be several £1000s) and will have to empty the layout out :'(
I'm on record as saying it has to be broken down to fit 'proper' electrics, point motors etc and fix some poor joints by relaying track so will obviously combine the two and hopefully have the roof done in June. It's going to put a severe crimp in my 'nest egg' but I must have the peace of mind water cannot get in and it should be cooler in summer/warmer in winter as well.

crewearpley40

Mick. Sorry to hear the roof issues. Hope you gain a fair quote and can leave the layout without fear of unwanted rain.

Malc

Best thing you can do Mick. Our conservatory used to get extremely hot in the summer, freezing in the winter. I took off the polycarbonate roof, built up the walls by a few courses and fitted a flat roof. I fitted down lighters in the ceiling and I'm amazed at the difference it makes.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Newportnobby

Hammering down with hail and rain so a good test of the sealant fix.......................

Nbodger

Mick,

This roof business could get really serious, you may have to sell the trains to pay for it  :hmmm:

Trainfish

I'd make him an offer for the trains but we already have a kettle and even that is at the back of the cupboard  :hmmm:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Yet_Another

I bought my first house in 1986, in Cheadle Heath, Stockport. In an idle moment, I've just surfed the Disused Stations website for Cheadle Heath, as I knew there was a station there:

http://www.disused-stations.org.uk/c/cheadle%20heath/index.shtml

My unhappiness is more sadness, really; that I missed the Blue Pullman, whose only stop along its entire route was at the station, and that just 20 years later, there was barely any evidence of a station there at all. There isn't any now, since they built the Morrisons on the site.
Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

Papyrus

Dolorous tidings, good people...

We have just cracked open our last bottle, and the 2020 brew isn't ready to drink yet  :( .

Whatever are we going to do when it's gone?

Cheers (not),

Chris

Newportnobby

Quote from: Papyrus on April 04, 2021, 03:24:58 PM
We have just cracked open our last bottle, and the 2020 brew isn't ready to drink yet  :( .

Whatever are we going to do when it's gone?

Remember it fondly and tell the 2020 batch to hurry up!

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations