The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Wild

Had to move my semi-portable layout out of the room 'cos Mrs W needed some work doing. Anyway, upon its return one point would only work in one direction and worse still there is no power to the Dynamis controller. This is the second power supply I've had - is this a common failure? Anyone know any better alternatives?

GeeBee

Quote from: talisman56 on February 06, 2015, 04:44:59 PM
Quote from: GeeBee on February 06, 2015, 02:24:38 PM
Quote from: Malc on February 06, 2015, 02:23:29 PM
Being diabetic, I too take loads of different tablets. I don't know why they insist on the foil packs. The small bottles were much easier. When I am getting some of them out of the blister pack, they spring out and I end up crawling around on the floor, trying to retrieve the blessed things.

Me to thankfully down to 24 a day now

You must rattle when you walk...  :)

...and to think I was happy when they got my 5-a-day down to 2...  :hmmm:

If I don't rattle I know I have not yet taken them

Malc

Quote from: Bob Wild on February 06, 2015, 11:00:15 PM
Had to move my semi-portable layout out of the room 'cos Mrs W needed some work doing. Anyway, upon its return one point would only work in one direction and worse still there is no power to the Dynamis controller. This is the second power supply I've had - is this a common failure? Anyone know any better alternatives?
Funnily enough Bob, I had what I thought was a problem with my printer power pack, but it turned out to be one half of a double mains socket. RHS failed, LHS OK. I've never seen or heard of this happening before, but a cracked rivet inside the thing had disconnected the neutral.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

NinOz

How I hate web sites with online shopping which don't update availability of products. 
No indication of stock status.
Damn waste of my time ordering to be told "out of stock, not sure when it will be available".    :veryangry:
These sites go on my don't use unless desperate list.

CFJ
To be called pompous and arrogant - hell of a come down.
I tried so hard to be snobbish and haughty.

| Carpe Jugulum |

NinOz

Back from holidays, 3 days later developed sore throat, ears and mouth, headache and a cough. :drool:
I am sure it was caught from the plague bearers in front and behind me on the plane. :veryangry:
Toddler behind had a cough like a fistful of crisps being crushed and insisted on "talking" to me; the two in front coughing and snuffling the whole 3 hours.

My wife says that we can't cull children, some legal problem apparently. ???
Don't see why not, they kill infected animals to prevent disease spread.
>:( :veryangry: >:(

CFJ
To be called pompous and arrogant - hell of a come down.
I tried so hard to be snobbish and haughty.

| Carpe Jugulum |

Oldun

Re my battery (none delivery) Despite my email to the courier requesting some information as to 'what
vehicles if any on the drive' and 'what side of the road' ( this is a pertinent question as my turning is a
very long cul de sac). I received no answers. I have though received an email confirming the case as
closed :confused1:

The company I ordered my battery from is sending a replacement ---- hopefully not by the same courier :goggleeyes:

Roger
Never take Life too serious, we are never going to make it out alive

Chocolate comes from cocoa which is a tree ... that makes it a plant which means ... chocolate is Salad !!!

jonclox

I was quite happy to receive my 'flue jab' back in November but it was the wrong sort (we`re now told ) so I seem to have ended up with this winters version regardlessly   :veryangry: :veryangry: :censored: >:(
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

Newportnobby

Evidently this 'old' vaccine only works with about 3% of the population and, as N gaugers, are only about 20% of the market, that means we only have a 0.6% chance of being kept flu-free. That's assuming, of course, that the 3% of the population model in 'Orribly Oversize. :laugh:

ChrisWV10

All I can say is roll on New Year 'cos I've had enough of this one already  :thumbsdown:

jonclox

Quote from: newportnobby on February 10, 2015, 04:31:12 PM
Evidently this 'old' vaccine only works with about 3% of the population and, as N gaugers, are only about 20% of the market, that means we only have a 0.6% chance of being kept flu-free. That's assuming, of course, that the 3% of the population model in 'Orribly Oversize. :laugh:
Velly interesting perhaps they should add that people who do go down with the flu thingie manage to achieve it 100%
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

Trainfish

Just been turned down for a job I really wanted  :'(

Also, HMRC have sent me a new tax code based on the fact that:
1. I am claiming JSA. Erm, I get nothing!
2. I have a company car. See above.

Are they really so thick to believe that although I am unemployed I still have a company car?  >:(
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Newportnobby

Whoa, John.
When I was made redundant I was allowed to hang onto the company car for 4 months after I'd left.
I, too, got no JSA and all they did was pay my stamp for the period I wasn't working.

Trainfish

I had similar a few years ago Mick but I haven't had a company car since April 2014 which HMRC know as they've had my P45s and P11d.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Trainfish

Also now been on hold to HMRC for 16 minutes

21 minutes now..................

Answered after 25 minutes. Asked to be put through to a manager but surprise surprise, there isn't one available.
John

<*))))><

Newportnobby

Quote from: Trainfish on February 11, 2015, 03:16:27 PM
I had similar a few years ago Mick but I haven't had a company car since April 2014 which HMRC know as they've had my P45s and P11d.

Dunno why I defended the stupid  :censored: then.
:sorrysign:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations