The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sprintex

Quote from: steve836 on October 09, 2014, 11:32:02 AM
Do you know you can't get 100watt bulbs any more. The E.U. have decreed it thus! So that's one choice less.

You can, just not where you're looking ;)

Paul

Agrippa

There's a £ shop near me sells them, sometimes they have 250 watt bulbs as well.
Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

steve836

KISS = Keep it simple stupid

FeelixTC

Quote from: Bry on October 09, 2014, 12:04:02 PM
Do you know you can't get 100watt bulbs any more. The E.U. have decreed it thus! So that's one choice less.

Bl*#*y EU........ :veryangry:

I tried to buy a 150w bulb in my local hardware store, "Can't sell them anymore" I was told, "EU banned them to help with emmissions etc".................as he stood by a gas patio heater.

ozzie Bill.

And what about the Romans, what have they ever done for us, eh?
seriously, with me it is loaves of bread. White, brown, sliced or unsliced is all it used to be. Now we have high tops, low tops, tins, rolls, rounds, artisan (whatever the heck that means) and about 30 different "grain" mixes for each one. Pah I say, Pah. Cheers, Bill.

port perran

I agree, in the super market there are so many loaves to choose from.
And, by the way, when you buy hard rolls they quickly go soft but when soft bread ages it goes hard !
I'm sure there's a very good reason for that but who knows !
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Oldun

Quote from: Bry on October 09, 2014, 11:02:46 AM
Light bulbs. Bl***y light bulbs. Have you tried buying a blimin' light bulb lately? Gone are the days when you just had to choose 40watt, 60watt or 100watt. Oh no, it ain't that simple anymore. You have to choose pearl or clear, round or candle or curly, energy saving, led or halogen. Large bayonet, small bayonet, large screw or small screw. And the price?!! Don't get me started on the price.......... >:(

Try ebay, that's where I get mine from - cheap as well, even including carriage :thumbsup:

Roger
Never take Life too serious, we are never going to make it out alive

Chocolate comes from cocoa which is a tree ... that makes it a plant which means ... chocolate is Salad !!!

mark100

Light bulbs. Bl***y light bulbs. Have you tried buying a blimin' light bulb lately? Gone are the days when you just had to choose 40watt, 60watt or 100watt. Oh no, it ain't that simple anymore. You have to choose pearl or clear, round or candle or curly, energy saving, led or halogen. Large bayonet, small bayonet, large screw or small screw. And the price?!! Don't get me started on the price.......... >:(
We had the same problem earlier in Pets at home today trying to find a Night Blue bulb to put over some aquariums at night. Ebay that's my answer! Blue L.E.D's in a chain for £1.99p with an adapter and I will make my own custom shade to fit them now that I am now finally trained with Solid works.

Mark
You cant get better than a Betta Fish

Trainfish

Last time I installed a new bulb it took about 6 months to flower, never again!
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Sprintex

Quote from: Oldun on October 09, 2014, 04:21:07 PM

Try ebay, that's where I get mine from - cheap as well, even including carriage :thumbsup:

Roger

www.lamps2udirect.co.uk :thumbsup:

Quote from: ozzie Bill. on October 09, 2014, 01:05:20 PM
. . . artisan (whatever the heck that means)

It means they put a couple of slits in the top, double the price, and se if anyone is stupid enough to buy it :D

Paul

railsquid

Roger

You get a free carriage with your bulbs!?  :D

Oldun

Quote from: railsquid on October 09, 2014, 11:24:44 PM

Roger

You get a free carriage with your bulbs!?  :D

Yeh, Docklands Light Railway  :laugh3: :laugh3:

Roger
Never take Life too serious, we are never going to make it out alive

Chocolate comes from cocoa which is a tree ... that makes it a plant which means ... chocolate is Salad !!!

EtchedPixels

Quote from: FeelixTC on October 09, 2014, 01:04:20 PM
Quote from: Bry on October 09, 2014, 12:04:02 PM

Bl*#*y EU........ :veryangry:

I tried to buy a 150w bulb in my local hardware store, "Can't sell them anymore" I was told, "EU banned them to help with emmissions etc".................as he stood by a gas patio heater.

You can't get 150W old style bulbs any more. You can get 150W energy efficient bulbs, just that you probably don't want one unless you are trying to light St Pauls.

There are 35W/45W/65W energy efficient bubs which are the equivalent of up to about 350W for old bulbs, and available as daylight bulbs.

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

EtchedPixels

Meanwhile the new railway room project continues to get deferred

The damp proofing in the cellar is waiting for the council to decide if it needs listed building consent. The garage is waiting the results of the asbestos lab test to identify exactly how the stuff has to be removed, all the planning and listed building applications are waiting on the asbestos removal, and a slight distraction when the neighbour said that the gardener thought the shared wall was in "poor condition". Looked ok our side, but their side was about to depart for the ground and brain someone.

Bleargh

Did at least manage to survive the downpours without any water coming in so hopefully the roof fixing has been a success, and finally have the floor fixed. That was fun too. You can't buy floorboards that thickness and width any more. Fortunately we have a good carpenter.

Now to get the godawful dimmer lights removed so I can put some proper bulbs in and actually *see* the house in the evening.
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

steve836

Quote from: EtchedPixels on October 10, 2014, 02:43:32 PM

Now to get the godawful dimmer lights removed so I can put some proper bulbs in and actually *see* the house in the evening.

You'll have to ask Bry about that! :D
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations