The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerry Howlett

Quote from: Bikeracer on April 07, 2014, 11:58:26 AM
Why is it when you phone any organisation  they start reading internet links that you need to visit,how the hell do they think that you can remember all that and the forward slash and dot bits in it.

Sometimes the recorded message is so long I forget what I've been told anyway.

With all the unemployment it would help if people were actually employed to answer phones.

Allan

I hads the same result reporting that my broadband wasn't working!! How can I log a fault when I can't get on the  :censored: net!!!  :veryangry:

Even better here they put internet site links on Motorway signs, Italians are bad enough driving at 140 kmph with a mobile phone stuck in one hand without being encourage to grab a pen with their free hand... of course that one is usualy busy gesticulating to the person on the other end of the phone.
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

EtchedPixels

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Luke Piewalker

Kipper

Phoned the doctor today, at 11 am, to make some future appointments for my mother and myself. Went straight to queue, and at position 3 - 10 minutes later I was still at position 3!!!!! This was the appointment line, not general enquiries, so why the wait? In the end, I drove down and made the appointments at the counter - petrol usage cheaper than the phone bill!

Tank

I live next door to my doctor, but you have to call them to make an appointment, you can't drop in. ::)  A law to themselves!

Trainfish

I made 2 appointments today. The first one was following an X-ray on my knee today. The doctor told me to make an appointment for 2 or 3 days after the X-ray. I was offered April 25th, 16 days after the X-ray!
The second was following an appointment yesterday which finished with me getting 4 prescriptions!* She wants to see me in 2 weeks, I was offered May the 2nd, 3.5 weeks later!
I can book appointments online but there are none available in the next 2 weeks and only a few in the 3rd week.

* 4 prescriptions now cost £32.20 whereas a prepayment card (or loyalty card as I prefer to call it) covering ALL prescriptions for 3 months still costs £29.10 so I've ordered one of those and will claim my money back  ;)
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Bealman

I live down the bottom of a hill from a little mining village called Mount Kembla (it still has a working mine and there are regular trainloads of coal and empties going up and down the single track not far from my house supplying the steelworks which we have in our town).

To get back to the current discussion about doctors, the village doctor was a local celebrity (especially when miners went on strike down the pit back in the eighties and refused to come out. He went down to check their condition every couple of days).

Anyway, his surgery was directly across the road from the village pub. He would be permanently seated at the same place at the bar every day, and very often you would turn up for your appointment, but then have to go across the road to the pub to get him!!

He passed away not so long ago and there was an article and many tributes in the local paper. He was quite a character!
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Trainfish

Did they prepare the prescriptions in the pub too?  :beers:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Bealman

:laughabovepost: :laughabovepost:

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Kipper

Quote from: Kipper on April 08, 2014, 08:24:56 PM
Phoned the doctor today, at 11 am, to make some future appointments for my mother and myself. Went straight to queue, and at position 3 - 10 minutes later I was still at position 3!!!!! This was the appointment line, not general enquiries, so why the wait? In the end, I drove down and made the appointments at the counter - petrol usage cheaper than the phone bill!

And in today's local paper is an article, reporting the poor telephone service provided by this surgery. They say they are getting a new phone system in, and it will be up and running by the end of the month. Amazing, it's only taken them 10 years to realise there is a problem, and it took the press to wake them up!

Newportnobby

Regardless of telephone system, would I be correct in that all receptionists at doctors have Rottweiler characteristics and Goldfish memories :hmmm:

scotsoft

I know the older ones used to work for the SS, but were thrown out for cruelty  :help:

Sprintex

Quote from: newportnobby on April 10, 2014, 12:38:11 AM
Regardless of telephone system, would I be correct in that all receptionists at doctors have Rottweiler characteristics and Goldfish memories :hmmm:

Not all :no:

Our new surgery since we moved has a great receptionist - helpful, friendly and pleasant :thumbsup:

Paul

MikeDunn

:o :o :o

She'll never last ...

Oldun

I must lead a charmed life given the last few comments  :D

Our local doctors goes under the heading 'Medical Centre' and has 10 doctors
in total, all on one site. There are three receptionists + an onsite pharmacy :thumbsup:

Never yet had a problem with booking an appointment and on the one occasion
I had to ask for a home visit, the doctor arrived within 20 minutes  :admiration:

Roger
Never take Life too serious, we are never going to make it out alive

Chocolate comes from cocoa which is a tree ... that makes it a plant which means ... chocolate is Salad !!!

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations