The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ParkeNd

Quote from: newportnobby on February 21, 2014, 02:27:05 PM
10 days ago I got my driving licence (photocard) renewal notice from the DVLA as my licence expires 27.4.14.
As I have a hip replacement op 25.3.14 which will preclude me from driving for 12 weeks, and as I had to travel into Preston today for other reasons, I thought I would make the renewal today. So far........sensible (to me)
At the Post Office I was told that the DVLA would likely charge me the fee and just renew my licence until 27.4.14 - the day it is currently due to expire :o
It was good of the guy to tell me this often happens and he suggested I go back nearer the date, but this is sheer madness/banditry on behalf of the DVLA :veryangry: :veryangry2: :censored:

Remember when we had to renew our driving licences EVERY year to keep even more of these jobsworths behind desks?

bridgiesimon

Slight change of direction here but I am well unhappy this morning, I have been expecting to be exhibiting my layout at a show next weekend, not fair to mention where at this stage, after getting a clear invite at a show a few month ago. Having not heard anything I have been chasing the organiser to find (less than a week before the show) I am not needed!!

I have been very busy working on th elayout and getting my stock ready for the show, aaaaaargh!!

Ok the work is not a problem as it would have been done at some popint anyway but I think this is very unprofessional and will not accept offers from this exhibition in the future!

Simon

Newportnobby

Quote from: bridgiesimon on February 22, 2014, 09:52:55 AM
I think this is very unprofessional and will not accept offers from this exhibition in the future!

Simon

Even better - accept the invitation then pull out a week before having done no preparation whatsoever >:D

Quote from: Bealman on February 22, 2014, 12:37:10 AM
Quote from: newportnobby on February 21, 2014, 02:27:05 PM
It was good of the guy to tell me this often happens and he suggested I go back nearer the date, but this is sheer madness/banditry on behalf of the DVLA :veryangry: :veryangry2: :censored:

Good to see the self-moderation being applied to great effect there, NPN!  ;D :thumbsup:

George

It was very difficult, George.
Pointless sounding off at the guy in the P.O. because he warned me what could occur, but when I got outside I immediately practised every bit of my fluent Anglo-Saxon :laugh:

mickeyflinn

Had just decided to go and buy the Farish Jinty yesterday afternoon, went out to the car to find a very flat rear tyre.
Started to pump it up only to find that some very kind £$%^$&* citizen has stuck what looked like a broken off piece of Stanley knife blade into the sidewall of the tyre >:(.
No model, just a new tyre. Not a happy bunny.

Bealman

Mate, don't fret - it happens here in Australia too, don't you worry.

But if you were on your way to pick up a new Jinty..... Grrrr!

Hope it all gets sorted.  :beers:

George
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Luke Piewalker

I've only been 'back in the game' for about a year so maybe you guys and girls are all used to it, but this patchy/non-existent availability is really beginning to annoy me. Every website I go near it's 'pre-order' item and 'no picture available'. Having to trawl through pages of non existent things to try and find something you can actually but is getting tiresome...  :veryangry:  :veryangry2: :'(

Paul B

More fed up that angry here...  :(

I had a weekend which was planned out...

Yesterday was going to be the day of doing things that needed doing - shopping, taking the other half to a shop she wanted to go to for her crafts, tidying up at home...

Today was going to be for me - I planned to get my new airbrush kit fully set up, and actually have a go at using it for the first time!  :laugh3:

...unfortunately, the cold I have been fighting with for the last few days has finally come out big time!  :cold:  I just can't face sitting in the spare room, wearing a filter mask (having trouble breathing as it is!) playing around with smelly paints and airbrush cleaning stuff - even though I do have a spray booth with extractor hose going out of the window!

Can't do anything with it next weekend either - it is the Swindon Model Railway Club show on Saturday, and I am helping run one of the club layouts again!

Oh well - they say that these things are sent to try us...  :'(
LNER and PKP fan in the home of the GWR!

Kipper

Noticed the other day that the pooch had ignored the postman (usually barks like mad at the door), and also slow to react to calling. Yesterday, she kept walking into the wall. Took to vet, and has a relapse of her nerve problem, where she goes deaf and blind for no apparent reason. Used to deal with it by a course of steroids, but not now as she is on other medication for her joints, and they do not go together. Sight returned overnight, but still deaf. Have to wait two weeks, to see if shakes it off, or will have to take her to the Animal Health Trust at Newmarket (a few more thousand from her insurance, less my 10% contribution, so no more Union Mills locos for the time being!). Otherwise a very fit and healthy 12 year old, so the usual alternative is not an option!

GeeBee

Quote from: Paul B on March 02, 2014, 05:22:41 PM

Yesterday was going to be the day of doing things that needed doing - shopping, taking the other half to a shop she wanted to go to for her crafts, tidying up at home...

Today was going to be for me - I planned to get my new airbrush kit fully set up, and actually have a go at using it for the first time!  :laugh3:

...unfortunately, the cold I have been fighting with for the last few days has finally come out big time!  :cold:  I just can't face sitting in the spare room, wearing a filter mask (having trouble breathing as it is!) playing around with smelly paints and airbrush cleaning stuff - even though I do have a spray booth with extractor hose going out of the window!

Can't do anything with it next weekend either - it is the Swindon Model Railway Club show on Saturday, and I am helping run one of the club layouts again!

Hope you are fit for next weekend maybe I can see you there
:cold:

Paul B

I intend to be - as long as it is only a cold and not full-blown man-flu!  :D

I will be on the SMRC's N-gauge layout 'Fisher Bridge' - the layout wasn't even supposed to be at this years show (which meant I would probably have been taking money on the door...  :worried: ) but Steam Museum have given us the large exhibition hall rather than the small hall we had last year - and the show had already been organised around the small hall!  :o So it was a case of 'filling the gaps' and I was asked to run Fisher Bridge again!
LNER and PKP fan in the home of the GWR!

mark37/4

Quote from: Paul B on March 02, 2014, 05:22:41 PM

I get a annual cold, last year went to see a class 70 on a rail tour, bloody barking like mad, Managed to stay long enough when 70004 arrive I gave in as  i was  frozen :cold: :cold: plus the camera had died  :veryangry: :veryangry:

had it this year, which was annoying  :veryangry:

Mark
THIS IS A BAD IDEA

BUT IM ALL ABOUT BAD IDEAS

GeeBee

Quote from: Paul B on March 03, 2014, 07:39:26 PM
I intend to be - as long as it is only a cold and not full-blown man-flu!  :D

I will be on the SMRC's N-gauge layout 'Fisher Bridge' - the layout wasn't even supposed to be at this years show (which meant I would probably have been taking money on the door...  :worried: ) but Steam Museum have given us the large exhibition hall rather than the small hall we had last year - and the show had already been organised around the small hall!  :o So it was a case of 'filling the gaps' and I was asked to run Fisher Bridge again!

Sounds like it's all happening for you at the moment see you there
Graham

Stuart

In response to Kipper, very sorry to hear about your pooch. As a fellow animal lover and pet owner I really hope all works out well. It's very upsetting when your chum is ill.
Stuart

Trainfish

As I had the dreaded man flu (according to the wife) last week I may make it to Swindon on Saturday. It also depends on the alcohol intake on the Friday night though so I'm not going to make any rash promises just yet  8)
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Kipper

Quote from: Stuart on March 03, 2014, 08:58:38 PM
In response to Kipper, very sorry to hear about your pooch. As a fellow animal lover and pet owner I really hope all works out well. It's very upsetting when your chum is ill.
Stuart
Cheers Stuart. She has slowly improved since the weekend, having got full sight back, and can just hear loud noises, so looking good. She seems to get these attacks about every 18 months, due to spinal nerve pressure around her shoulder blades. If it was her lower back, she would have walking difficulties. Seems to happen for no apparent reason.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations