The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboy

Quote from: joe cassidy on May 27, 2023, 09:05:11 PM
Mike, you forget to mention your 1970s vintage hi-fi set up  :)

I don't believe he has got one that modern.  ;)
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Dorsetmike

Quote from: joe cassidy on May 27, 2023, 09:05:11 PM
Mike, you forget to mention your 1970s vintage hi-fi set up  :)
It's a bit newer than that, late 90's, it has VCR, tape, phono and CD inputs, - Technics SA-EX700 driving Technics speakers.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Malc

So you've binned the old 8 track player then, Mike?
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Malc on May 28, 2023, 12:36:07 AM
So you've binned the old 8 track player then, Mike?

Nah - the bloke with the red flag who used to walk in front of Mike's car nicked that

thebrighton

A mere 12 months ago our binmen went on strike for over a month until they got their 20% pay rise but it seems they are upset again, this time over the workplace and management (vague but all that they've offered) so have walked out again to day until the 25th June. Deep joy.

Browning 9mm

like most of us, I wish my pension would go up by 20%

but of course, if we went on strike who would notice, apart from the lack of groaners from @dannyboy  :hmmm: :-[

stevewalker

Quote from: Browning 9mm on June 02, 2023, 07:37:05 AM
like most of us, I wish my pension would go up by 20%

but of course, if we went on strike who would notice, apart from the lack of groaners from @dannyboy  :hmmm: :-[

You could organise and un-strike - increasing levels of activism, complaint and general nuisance making - although that would presumably mean extra groaners  :goggleeyes:

Browning 9mm

as if one a day was not enough  :*(

dannyboy

Quote from: Browning 9mm on June 02, 2023, 06:04:30 PM

I am not sure I understand this post - are you saying that one groaner a day is not enough?  :)
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Newportnobby

Quote from: dannyboy on June 02, 2023, 06:08:53 PM
Quote from: Browning 9mm on June 02, 2023, 06:04:30 PM

I am not sure I understand this post - are you saying that one groaner a day is not enough?  :)

:stop: :telloff:

Newportnobby

Early start this morning to go to RailEx in Buxton so I set the controls for the heart of the sun satnav for the large car park next to the venue and off I jolly well went. I got a little uneasy as I was taken round by Manchester airport then off the M60 at Cheadle and up into the Peak District National Park. This meant narrow winding roads through small villages with BIG properties and I fetched up in Buxton but at a completely different car park where the stay was limited to 4 hours rather than the 10 I could have paid for at the optimal one.
Got back in the car after the show and, damn me, it brought me back the same way but by this time all the cyclists had come out to play (maybe the Tour de France starting today had summat to do with it) and, of course, they weren't going to go single file for anyone so tailbacks on those narrow winding roads were awful. Then, for some reason, the satnag had a hissy fit and sent me down a very long road with traffic calming (gert lumps in the road) in a residential area of Cheadle before I got on the M60 where I discovered idiots pootling along in the middle lane at about 50mph with other folks passing both sides of them and gesticulating madly at the pratts.
Boy, was I glad to get home and I won't be going back to Buxton in a hurry :no:
Even at the risk of several extra miles there must be an easier way to get there without causing havoc in the National Park.
Maybe I'll have a look when my blood pressure has gone down some

Browning 9mm

there are only two good things to come out of Buxton......

Buxton water

and the main road.

Bealman

Sounds a lot like my recent road misadventures over there, Mick!

Anne says made her feel right at home  ;)
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Trainfish

Quote from: Browning 9mm on July 01, 2023, 05:59:08 PM
there are only two good things to come out of Buxton......

Buxton water

and the main road.

I agree, the water in Buxton is great. This is my current favourite which is 92% Buxton water

John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Newportnobby

Sadly I'm having dealings with Co-op Legal Services again (had very good dealings with them last year). Our 'Case Manager' always appeared to be a bit of a clod but recently he dropped off the planet. Mails went unanswered, calls always went to voice mail etc. Finally we were informed we'd been allocated a new 'Case Manager' but lost 10 days or so while he brought himself up to date. It transpires the original bloke had not done what he said he'd done and that, patently, he'd lied to us about things, in particular one search that takes up to 20 working days which he hadn't actually set in motion so now we have to wait another 20 working days. Paperwork he'd sent to us was incorrect so now we have to get a new set, along with certificates he'd never asked for in the first place.
The new guy seems to be on the ball although he's on holiday for 2 weeks now, and hopefully his predecessor has been given the boot.
I hope they reflect this when they present their account for payment or they may find delays >:D

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations