The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

railsquid

Quote from: Bealman on May 06, 2021, 09:33:10 AM
Ooh, that's not good.

I thought you'd been a bit quiet lately, and I know there's a Tokyo alert at the moment.

If it's any consolation, we've just gone back to masks here.

Yeah, I heard about your mystery case,

Someone evidently brought back a nice new variant from that island off the northwest coast of Europe here, and it has turned into a 4th wave. I think with "Corona Classic" we might just have made it into vaccine season (which will be later in the year in these parts) without too much difficulty, but this exciting new version seems more virulent than existing measures can cope with.

Mainly been busy with work though.

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Young Bulla

stevewalker

We've been pretty careful over the last 14 months - especially as my wife is classed as extremely vulnerable and she is still waiting for her second injection. Yet, today our eldest son came home from school and told me that one of his classmates had a positive test, but because they did not want to miss the exams, kept quiet and came in for the the day before the exam, the exam day and the day after and was presumably going to carry on coming in :censored: They only got found out because they confided in the girlfriend of another classmate, who told her boyfriend. Now everyone in the year and all of their families are at risk :veryangry:

dannyboy

I don't know how old the 'culprit' is, but that has to be down to the parents. Two words spring to mind, one of them is selfish. I hope your wife in particular is not affected in any way.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

stevewalker

The culprit is more than old enough to know better - they're in upper sixth.

daffy

Parents have the greatest blame for letting their son go to the school, but the boy himself is old enough to know that he has a personal responsibility for all his actions, just like the rest of us
With my wife being in the same position as yours Steve, that is, clinically very vulnerable and having had only one jab so far, I can share your fury.

Here's hoping that this stupidity does not lead to a local surge in Covid infections.

Meanwhile, it might be an idea to find out if there are any wooden stocks in your area that need a thorough testing. ;)
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Newportnobby

Quote from: Only Me on May 12, 2021, 08:40:41 PM
Must be a lottery I'm 44 not classed as vulnerable and I had my second pfizer shot last Friday

Damn well must be. I'm 67 and don't get my 2nd jab until this Friday >:(

Trainfish

I'm a sprightly young 56 and I had my 2nd today  :P  I think it's because they think I'm fat  :goggleeyes:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

dannyboy

I am very nearly 70 and do not get my second jab until July!   :scowl:

Oh hang on, different country.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

guest311

OK, I've been on the naughty step for weeks and weeks and weeks...

my own fault, and honestly I am trying to resolve my issues ....

but I'm back hear, where I seem to belong, again.....

over the weekend I was painting some 1:76 wargames vehicless for a couple of friends, and ran out of one rattle can of Humbrol  >:(

what is it they say, PPPPPP ?  :-[

so it's a bank holiday weekend, and Hattons are not going to re-open till tuesday, but if I put my order in, and add a few more cans, it will be sent tuesday by DPD next day, so I'll get it wednesday and can finish the vehicles before the weekend !  :thumbsup:

but no, that is too simple.

parcel despatched yesterday by Hattons  :thumbsup:
then DPD 'sort it '  :thumbsdown:

so I get an e-mail from Hattons, your parcel will be delivered tomorrow, ie today.

this morning I get an e-mail to say 'there is a delay with your parcel'  :'(

go onto DPD

Date & Time   Location   Description
02 Jun 2021 09:23   Exeter   There's a delay with your parcel and we've now sorted it
02 Jun 2021 07:53   Exeter   Your parcel is at our Clyst Honiton depot
01 Jun 2021 18:20   Liverpool   We have your parcel and it's on its way to you
01 Jun 2021 17:17   Hattons   We've received your order details, but have not yet received your parcel

they have sent my parcel, from Liverpool to West Sussex, to  :censored: Devon.
it is now on it's holiday with a bucket and spade on the beach. :veryangry:

what is even more annoying, is that the DPD drivers who deliver here are great, we have a DPD depot just outside town, but some cretin either can't read or be bothered to do his/her/it's job properly, and either sorted it into the wrong cage, or loaded the wrong cage onto the truck.

and has anyone ever found a way to contact DPD by phone ?

last time I tried the only number I could find charged £3 A MINUTE  :censored: :censored: :censored:

hopefully someone in the Exeter depot can actually read, and the parcel will be on tonight's truck, probably back to Liverpool ready to start all over again.  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

TrevL

DPD customer services number 0121 275 0500
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

guest311

@TrevL  many thanks for that.

after a ten minute wait I actually got connected to a human who could not explain why my parcel is in Devon.

it is now apparently heading up to Westerham depot in Kent, inspite of Burgess hill haveing a DPD blue logo and a DPD red logo depot less than a mile from my house.

hopefully, having enjoyed it's holiday in Devon, my parcel will be delivered tomorrow by one of the drivers who can actually read and take a pride in doing their job.

for some reason, DPD seemed to think I had another parcel number  :hmmm: but once I put them right, they were able to find ??? it.

emjaybee

On the upside, your paint will be nicely relaxed, which has got to aid application, surely?
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Malc

Some years ago I ordered some kippers by post. They used to pack the unwrapped fish in cabbage leaves. Royal Mail tried to deliver but I wasn't in. I rang up and requested a morning delivery. I had to leave for work at 2:30 and they still hadn't delivered. I had to go to the depot. The guy on the desk said he didn't know if he could find it. I told him he had 10 mins before I left him with it. In those days if you didn't pick up a parcel they had to keep it for 6 months before they could dispose of it. When I told him it was fresh kippers, he suddenly remembered where it was.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations