The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OwL

If i send at 2nd class recorded which costs £3.15 i will charge £3.50 to cover time and package costs.

I think his price is fair as hes probably putting all won items together meaning weight of package is higher thus will cost more.

Proud New Owner of Old Warren Traction Maintenance Depot Layout.

http://www.c58lg.co.uk/  http://www.c60pg.co.uk/

Trainfish

I've just weighed a similar number of coaches and a wagon and it's nowhere near the 750g limit for 2nd class recorded at £3.15. I also appreciate that if you don't like the postage price then don't bid but I was hoping he would be sensible about it. The base price of postage is still the same due to the weight and there will be slightly more packaging. No extra fuel, parking etc. If it had been me selling I would have done it for £3.15 in the first place but there you go. I've sold 12 items tonight and 1 person won 2 items which I have combined to £3.15 postage even though each was marked at that.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

OwL

Oh Dear!
It seems i was wrong then! I thought that due to the weight going up, so would postage. (didnt know this was a 750g limit)
I think that is high then considering special delivery is only £6!

Have you emailed him yet explaining what you have just told us?

Proud New Owner of Old Warren Traction Maintenance Depot Layout.

http://www.c58lg.co.uk/  http://www.c60pg.co.uk/

Trainfish

I have emailed him asking if the £7.90 is still for 2nd class standard postage (ie not recorded) which it obviously is from the invoice. I have said it seems a little high and asked if there is any way he can reduce it a little. I've tried not to be too confrontational and will still pay even if he doesn't lower it. He may not get 5 stars when posting feedback though if it stays at this cost.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Agrippa

With Ebay it's best to ignore postage costs and regard them as part
of the auction price. How much does bubble wrap cost?
I'm sure if you bought a single buffer on Ebay it would a few quid
to post .
Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

Trainfish

I once bought a stylus for a Nintendo DS from Japan or China. Total cost including postage was 1p. Now that's what I call cheap postage  :thumbsup:

I must admit I do usually see the price as a total which includes postage but I also sometimes make the mistake of thinking that everyone is as reasonable as I am  ::)
John

<*))))><

Trainfish

Quote from: Trainfish on February 04, 2013, 12:55:27 AM
I have emailed him asking if the £7.90 is still for 2nd class standard postage (ie not recorded) which it obviously is from the invoice. I have said it seems a little high and asked if there is any way he can reduce it a little. I've tried not to be too confrontational and will still pay even if he doesn't lower it. He may not get 5 stars when posting feedback though if it stays at this cost.

Seller has now reduced the postage to £5.90 for 2nd class recorded so I can live with that. Ok so he's 'making' £2.75 for the packing, petrol, parking etc etc but I've seen a lot worse. Everybody's happier now  :)
John

<*))))><

Pengi

You all probably know that Microsoft products and I just don't get on and since moving totally to another operating system a couple of years ago, the time that I used to spend swearing, screaming and then sobbing with frustration at the computer has disappeared.

The world, is mainly Microsoft though and I gave in and purchased a heavily discounted Mac version Office some time ago.

Today was one of those days when I wanted to do a simple job that would take less than half an hour (with cheapo Mac or OpenOffice products) that took four and a half hours to do because I had to use an Excel spreadsheet that had been created by someone else and they had tried to make it too clever for its own good with all kinds of code. So probably not entirely Microsoft's fault but I'm going to blame them anyway for four and a half lost hours of my life.
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

EtchedPixels

Quote from: Pengy on February 05, 2013, 12:39:42 PM
The world, is mainly Microsoft though and I gave in and purchased a heavily discounted Mac version Office some time ago.

For end user overall Goldman Sachs reckon that has already become a "was". Android and iOS (iPhones/iPad etc) are now the dominant platforms. Microsoft dominate the desktop PC world still but thats now a fragment of a much bigger universe.

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Oldman

The price of nail varnish - humbrol paint is cheaper.
Had to go and buy some to paint a bulb on the car.
Mot failure - bulb blew  - wedge type 21w red  on rear fog light. Mot tester said get a clear one and paint it.
Also need a 22" &14" wiper blade.
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

longbridge

In my world Microsoft doesn't exist, I haven't used a Windows computer for five years.

I have had 3 second hand desktop computers given to me by friends or family each came with a Windows OS, I booted them up and loaded a Linux OS disc into the CD/DVD drive and wallah no more Windows, instead I got trouble free computing the way it should be.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Pengi

Quote from: longbridge on February 05, 2013, 08:00:08 PM
In my world Microsoft doesn't exist, I haven't used a Windows computer for five years.

I have had 3 second hand desktop computers given to me by friends or family each came with a Windows OS, I booted them up and loaded a Linux OS disc into the CD/DVD drive and wallah no more Windows, instead I got trouble free computing the way it should be.
It doesn't exist in my world only - except when I have to connect with the business world. :thumbsdown:
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

EddieA

Quote from: Oldman on February 05, 2013, 04:20:41 PM
The price of nail varnish - humbrol paint is cheaper.

The price of inkjet ink - work out the cost if it was the equivalent of a 75cl bottle of wine. 

Better sit down first :scowl:
"I owe the discovery of Uqbar to the meeting of a mirror and an encyclopaedia".
(Jorge Luis Borges - 'El jardin de senderos que se bifurcan' 1941)

Oldman

Eddie ,I don't really drink wine so can't do that equation.
Factor inkjet ink against single barrel Jack Daniels and I understand that.
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

Agrippa

Re Oldman's post, I drink Jack and coke occasionally, is that regarded
as sacrilegeous , as in adding to malt whisky?
Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations