Mk 3 HST coaches in FGW livery

Started by Caz, December 03, 2013, 02:07:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caz

Just had info from Hattons to say the Mk3 FGW 2nd Class coaches are due soon and want to make sure they are the correct version to add to my Dapol HST rake.  Am I right in thinking that there are two types of Mk3 coaches, those for the HST and a separate type for loco hauled trains? 

The only place I can find a picture of the new releases in on the Gaugemaster website, they are the 12 and 13th pictures down, part numbers 2P-005-000 (1st) and 2P-005-001 (2nd), are these correct to add to my HST, thanks in advance.

http://www.gaugemaster.com/search_results.asp?searchstring=british%20Dapol%20scale~~%ACn%AC~~scale%20category~~1234~~category#11
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

GWR-Kris

They look correct to me. the HST will not have buffers where loco hauled do.

But in all honest dont get your hopes up as knowing Dapol track record they will prob come in gwr colours, lmao

http://dapol.co.uk/index.php?route=product/category&path=179_298_300_330

Hope the links help.

red_death

There shouldn't be any FGW loco hauled Mk3s* so hopefully Dapol have got the type right.

Cheers, Mike

(* except for the Mk3 sleepers!)

Caz

Thanks, just ordered 1 more 1st and 3 x 2nds to complete my rake so will have:-
2 x 1st
1 x 1st Buffet
5 x 2nd
sandwiched between the 2 power cars.

Just out of interest is the single motored power car powerful enough to pull this complete rake?
Caz
layout here
Hackton info
Bampney info

Jack

Quote from: whiteswan on December 03, 2013, 03:30:19 PM

Just out of interest is the single motored power car powerful enough to pull this complete rake?

Can't speak for the Dapol HST's but all my Farish units have no problems in pulling 8 coaches and a dummy power car.  ;D
Today's Experts were yesterday's Beginners :)

Bartercode

I am a bit confused by the list Dapol show in their release list

2P-005-000   MK 3 First Great Western 1st Class 41103 ‘G’   Production    Yes Page 36   Jan/Feb 2014
2P-005-320   MK 3 FIRST GREAT WESTERN 1st  CLASS #41133  HST   Production    Yes Page 36   Jan/Feb 2014
2P-005-331   MK 3 FIRST GREAT WESTERN 2nd CLASS #42280  HST   Production    Yes Page 36   Jan/Feb 2014
2P-005-001   MK 3 First Great Western 2nd Class 42083 ‘E’   Production    Yes Page 36   Jan/Feb 2014
2P-005-330   MK 3 FIRST GREAT WESTERN 2nd  CLASS #42261  HST   Production    Yes Page 36   Jan/Feb 2014

There are different product number series at different prices at Hattons - 000 and 001 at £17 then the 3 in the 300 series at £19. Only the latter are shown as HST stock.

...and still no TGS!

red_death

All the coach numbers of those FGW Mk3s are HST stock.

Cheers, Mike

Caz

Thanks Mike, at least I now know I have ordered the correct coaches.   :thankyousign:
Caz
layout here
Hackton info
Bampney info

fisherman

my  HST can  even  PUSH 8  coaches!!

cos one  of  the   couplings  on  one  of  the coaches  is   a   bit   dodgy!!!
<o({{{<<

nobby

Your lucky then still waiting on buffets in blue grey /intercity liveries.  by then time the tgs coaches come out if ever my hst sets will be getting on 4 years old.      just think if bachmann made the blue pullman and said by the way we are only doing the power cars and if they sell well we will do the other coaches in 4 years time we buying public would all laugh  well iam not laughing about this hst situation it is a mess and i am sick of being told when these coaches are suppose to be coming then fail to turn up   rant over 

Bartercode

Maybe more of us should have had a rant much earlier.

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £15.67
Below Goal: £84.33
Site Currency: GBP
16% 
May Donations