Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrevL

Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

Bob G

Quote from: emjaybee on July 07, 2021, 12:23:12 PM
I don't know what's been going on of late, but there hasn't been a post in this thread for a little while.

So, I sat my first exam in 25+ years today.

In exam terms it was short and multiple choice, but I now have a A2Cof C certificate. This is a Class A2 Unmanned Aircraft Certificate of Competence certificate. It's the first step in a new direction for my own company. Much as I enjoy property maintenance, it takes its's toll on my joints, back and general health. The plan is to start commercial operations in aerial photography, videography, orthomosaic photos, 3D mapping, building and roof inspections and some other aspects. I'm still very much at the start of the process, but I've taken the first step. GVC certificate is next, and that's a big step up.

Let me know when you have a drone with a star wars laser attachment.
Bob

PS I'm going for physio after my site visit this week, not before :)

Bob G

Quote from: Trainfish on July 07, 2021, 03:00:52 PM
Had enough of paperwork in previous jobs which is why I'm looking at going back on the tools. There will still be paperwork but not as much as I'm used to. Interview tomorrow in Coventry of all places  :goggleeyes: :thumbsup:

Put's "sent to Coventry" in a completely new light. Good luck!

Trainfish

Yes Bob, being sent to Coventry usually isn't a good thing but thankfully it's only because the head office is in Coventry. The job involves extensive travel across the South from Land's End to Folkestone and everything in between. I'll need to brush up on where all the model railway shops if I'm successful  :thumbsup:

Thanks to all for the good wishes. I'm trying not to get too excited about this one but it is something I'd really like to do. It's a lot less money than I'm used to but I'm not too worried about that as I can survive without an income if the wife keeps working. The main thing is that it would get me out and about and away from this PC although the slow progress on the layout would get even slower  :goggleeyes:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

RailGooner

Best wishes for the new venture Michael! :beers: Best wishes for the interview John! :beers:

@emjaybee
@Trainfish

Bob G

Quote from: RailGooner on July 07, 2021, 03:44:41 PM
Best wishes for the new venture Michael! :beers: Best wishes for the interview John! :beers:

@emjaybee
@Trainfish
Good luck to yourself too.
Bob

RailGooner

Quote from: Bob G on July 07, 2021, 03:50:47 PM
Quote from: RailGooner on July 07, 2021, 03:44:41 PM

@emjaybee
@Trainfish
Good luck to yourself too.
Bob

Thanks Bob! I should post an update to Reply #5241 on: June 27... unfortunately I didn't get the nod - no shame, can't win 'em all. But I was really vexed at having to chase the agency who had cold called me with the role and then ignored my emails/calls for three days before delivering the outcome. :no:

Trainfish

Quote from: RailGooner on July 07, 2021, 04:10:32 PM
But I was really vexed at having to chase the agency who had cold called me with the role and then ignored my emails/calls for three days before delivering the outcome. :no:

Unfortunately this now seems to be the norm. I rarely get responses to applications and like you had to chase a response after attending an interview a couple of weeks ago. It was for a major international hotel group who told me when I was interviewed on the Wednesday that I would hear from them by the end of the week. I chased via email the following Wednesday and about 5 days later got a standard email to say I hadn't been successful. Considering one of the people who interviewed me was from the HR team I thought this was pretty bad. Don't lose heart (it's easy to do so) by non-responses but just keep looking around like I do. Good luck mate  :thumbsup:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Malc

It's always fun to ask for feedback if you didn't get the job. It shows if they were taking notes during your interview. You might get a few tips on where you went wrong.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Trainfish

I always ask for feedback but unfortunately it doesn't usually come from those who interviewed you so you get the usual "we interviewed someone else we felt was more suited/experienced and have offered them the position".
John

<*))))><

Malc

Then you write back and ask for specifics. HR are supposed to keep a record of the performance of the interviewees. Having interviewed hundreds of applicants in my career, it's surprising how many don't bother to ask. We never gave stock replies, always specifics.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

dannyboy

Well done that man and here's hoping the new (ad)venture takes off!

@emjaybee
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

dannyboy

Quote from: Trainfish on July 07, 2021, 03:00:52 PM
Interview tomorrow in Coventry of all places

Hope things go well John.
David.

dannyboy

I have known for a while that once I attained the age of 70, I was entitled to a free TV Licence. I knew that the current licence had to expire first and I received in the post a short while ago, the reminder, letting me know that the current licence expires at the end of this month. So a quick internet search took me to the correct government page for what is called 'Household Benefits'. I filled in the form on line about 15 minutes ago and, apart from the TV Licence, I am also entitled to an electricity allowance. I am not telling porkies when I say that within five (5) minutes, I received an email from the necessary department, telling me that I have been approved for the free TV Licence and electricity allowance.  :o. It was that quick, I have not yet found out what the electricity allowance is! Apart from the fact that I am entitled to the allowances, which puts this post in the 'Happy ' thread, I am a bit gobsmacked at the speed of the approval.   ;). Well done to the Governments system.   :thumbsup:
David.

Newportnobby

In the UK 75s and over get free TV licence only if they receive Pension Credits.
I've been getting heating allowance since I turned 65.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations