Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

railsquid

Bwahaha, as mentioned a while back I am transitioning to a new employer, which is based in another part of the world with a small local subsidiary, and I have just received notification that my employee number is: 007.

emjaybee

Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

crewearpley40

Special agent railsquid then ?

railsquid

Quote from: crewearpley40 on January 12, 2021, 08:18:47 AM
Special agent railsquid then ?

I will have a license to krill.

Bealman

Movies and books mimic reality....

Bond marries a Japanese lady in "You only live twice"

;) :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

emjaybee

I notice its a low employee number, is it a very small company, or do certain 'employees' have a low 'life' expectancy?

:worried:
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Trainfish

Quote from: railsquid on January 12, 2021, 08:00:19 AM
Bwahaha, as mentioned a while back I am transitioning to a new employer, which is based in another part of the world with a small local subsidiary, and I have just received notification that my employee number is: 007.

You should be able to form a bond with them then. Make the most of it as you only live once. Or is it twice?
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

steve836

Quote from: railsquid on January 12, 2021, 08:00:19 AM

I remember as a youngster, I would always look out for the Gresley EMU with that unit number.
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

Trainfish

Happy as a pig in orange today. Mike @woodbury22uk kindly sent me a replacement bogie for my TGV which I will put to the test later on my completed oval and see how it handles Ummagumma Junction. I am very confident that it will be fine on there being a Kato unit  :thumbsup:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

silly moo

We ordered a flat pack TV cabinet which was delivered yesterday, the cabinet is very nice but I was more excited about the really good quality styrofoam packing material, very useful for railway modelling.  :bounce:

:NGaugersRule:

guest311

oh, dear I'm back here again, which will worry some folks  :smiley-laughing:

but I just wanted to post  :thumbsup: for Armourfast who make 1/72 scale military kits.

last year I bought several from an e-bay shop, and when they arrived, some were built, others added to the stash for later.

a few days ago I got around to building a pair of Cromwell tanks, the kit is for two vehicles, but although sold as new, one sprue was missing the hull top moulding.

banged an e-mail off to Armourfast, explaining the situation, and asking if it would be possible to buy just the hull top.

when I hadn't had a repy by today, I decided to give them a ring to see if they were actually open, or if closed due to the dreaded covid.

a very helpful guy answered the phone, and explained he was the only one there at the moment and asked what my e-mail was about.

I explained and he said he was sure he'd got a spare hull top laying around and asked for my name and address so he could post it.

when I asked about paying he just laughed and said not to bother.

so, when I am ready to moan about things that upset me / poor service etc, I just had to make a note of the superb service from Armourfast.

:thankyousign:

tutenkhamunsleeping

Quote from: class37025 on January 15, 2021, 12:07:45 PM
I just had to make a note of the superb service from Armourfast.

Got a pack of their Jagdpanthers in my stash somewhere :thumbsup:

Newportnobby

It is getting a bit frequent/worrying :uneasy:

Seriously, though, it's good to hear of such service

guest311

do not fear, I have checked on the .gov website, and repeatedly posting on the happy thread is not a symptom  :smiley-laughing:

however, as blondie would say ' I shall review the situation on a daily basis, and, of course, follow the latest scientific advice '

:angel:

Trainfish

Too right we are!  :D

I explained and he said he was sure he'd got a spare hull top laying around and asked for my name and address so he could post it.

when I asked about paying he just laughed and said not to bother.

so, when I am ready to moan about things that upset me / poor service etc, I just had to make a note of the superb service from Armourfast.

:thankyousign:

I'm sure that if it doesn't arrive by 9am tomorrow you'll be back on another thread  :doh:
John

<*))))><

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations