Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Some years ago Channel 4 showed what was then a new series called 'House', starring Hugh Laurie as an irascible doctor in a U.S. hospital. I reckon they showed maybe 2 or 3 series then lost it to Sky so for some time now I haven't seen it. :(
Whilst wandering round an antiques/collectibles place today I came across a DVD boxed set of series 1-6 for the paltry sum of £18. That's 92 hours of 131 episodes.
Don't know when I'll get round to watching them all but je suis un happy bunny :claphappy: :laugh3:

Bealman

Yeah... Mrs Bealman used to watch that. Not a bad show.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

talisman56

Quote from: newportnobby on February 25, 2015, 09:41:19 PM
Some years ago Channel 4 showed what was then a new series called 'House', starring Hugh Laurie as an irascible doctor in a U.S. hospital. I reckon they showed maybe 2 or 3 series then lost it to Sky so for some time now I haven't seen it. :(
Whilst wandering round an antiques/collectibles place today I came across a DVD boxed set of series 1-6 for the paltry sum of £18. That's 92 hours of 131 episodes.
Don't know when I'll get round to watching them all but je suis un happy bunny :claphappy: :laugh3:

You'll need seasons 7 and 8 too...  :)
Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

DesertHound

Mrs Hound was glued to that too. We almost became estranged!  ;D
Visit www.thefarishshed.com for all things Poole Farish and have the confidence to look under the bonnet of your locos!

joe cassidy

Quote from: DesertHound on February 26, 2015, 08:04:58 AM

She needs a hobby, like what you have.

Best regards,

Joe

Trainfish

Quote from: DesertHound on February 26, 2015, 08:04:58 AM

In another thread Jonclox is having trouble with making things stick. Maybe you can recommend whatever glue it was you used on Mrs Hound if it works that well?  :doh:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

jace1934

Quote from: jonclox on February 23, 2015, 02:25:58 PM
:claphappy: My Weser bridge kit has arrived.................it looks perfect for my needs  :claphappy: :claphappy:

I woke up this morning and that makes me happy as I will be 81 this year so every morning that I am able to get up out of bed makes me very happy

daveg

Wishing you many, many more mornings, Jace!  :beers:

Dave G

Trainfish

Quote from: jace1934 on February 28, 2015, 06:53:04 AM
I woke up this morning and that makes me happy as I will be 81 this year so every morning that I am able to get up out of bed makes me very happy

81 is nothing I'm afraid Jace, you're young enough to be a son of my gran, she's 102 tomorrow!

Here's hoping you last that long too  :beers:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Tdm

Quote from: Trainfish on March 02, 2015, 04:34:36 PM
Quote from: jace1934 on February 28, 2015, 06:53:04 AM
81 is nothing I'm afraid Jace, you're young enough to be a son of my gran, she's 102 tomorrow!
Here's hoping you last that long too  :beers:

Has there been a Poll on this Forum of what age groups members on here belong to?
I'm in my early 70's now and my father died just a couple of months short of his 100th birthday.

In a poll on the Classic Car Club Forum I also belong to most members fell into the 40s and 50s age group categories. That would appear to suggest fondness for our old cars comes before we turn our attention to model railways as we grow older.

Malc

Just checking Terry, but at what age do drivers qualify for the flat cap and pipe? Like the ones worn by the drivers you get stuck behind on narrow roads, when you are in a hurry.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Tdm on March 03, 2015, 10:03:29 AM

Has there been a Poll on this Forum of what age groups members on here belong to?

You mean we'd have to tell the truth about our age? :o :help:

Trainfish

Mick, just use the right numbers but swap them around, you'll be fine  ;)
John

<*))))><

Geoff

Quote from: Trainfish on March 03, 2015, 01:06:24 PM
Mick, just use the right numbers but swap them around, you'll be fine  ;)

Do you mean to say I can be 26 again, now where did I put them youth tablets  :hmmm:
Geoff

Trainfish

Well if Mick can be 16 (oops) and I can be 5 then yes  :claphappy:
John

<*))))><

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations