what are you listening to at the moment?

Started by findus, January 20, 2011, 12:06:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonye

:hellosign: Listening to Iron Maiden on YouTube - the writing on the wall .
Going to see them in Frankfurt next year .

Tony..
Tony .H

mark100

Quote from: Tonye on July 17, 2021, 08:29:55 AM
:hellosign: Listening to Iron Maiden on YouTube - the writing on the wall .
Going to see them in Frankfurt next year .

Tony..
The Writing on the Wall is brilliant, I spent a week following all the Belshazzars Feast hype online trying to work out the clues, there is another video single due (Stratego) before the album Senjutsu gets released next month.
You cant get better than a Betta Fish

port perran

I much prefer trawling for new music rather than listening to old stuff (although I do still listen to old stuff sometimes).
This evening I've stumbled upon Augie March.
No doubt it won't be to many people's taste but it grabbed my atention :

https://youtu.be/-14uC1uAXrc
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Newportnobby

Following a 2½ hour special on Sky Arts about Cream I'm playing a few of their classics.
Tonight on Sky Arts is a 2½ hour prog about Jethro Tull which I'll be recording as they have always been a favourite band of mine, having seen them several times.

Newportnobby

One of the best live albums I have - Jethro Tull's 'Bursting Out' on vinyl and at volume 11.
The neighbours are loving it too - they're banging on the wall for more! :D

Newportnobby

Open mic for singer/songwriters tonight so appearing (so far) are Nick Drake, Roy Harper, Ritchie Havens and James Taylor.

TrevL

Arrh, Roy Harper's "I Hate the White Man" from the album "Flat Baroque and Beserk" was a track I listened to a lot in the early seventies, crackin' :thumbsup:.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXPFfgdxp9o
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

Newportnobby

A few Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band tracks. Anyone remember them from 'Do not adjust your set'? :D
Anyway, here they are having a riot and blowin' up a storm..... :claphappy:

Newportnobby

Fleetwood Mac's 'Tusk' which, to my mind, could have been condensed to 1 vinyl album as there is some dubious stuff over the 2.
There are some truly great tracks such as 'Sara', 'Beautiful Child', 'Brown Eyes' and this rocker along the lines of 'The Chain' - the sort of AOR they excel at........

crewearpley40

Good choice Mick. Friday playing trains at home listening to a drug addict neighbour for hours was not fun. So music went on..  chilling on the forum now

exmouthcraig

@Newportnobby and there was me thinking you would be listening to the pub singing Happy Birthday Mick.

Any way......many happy returns of the day Sir  :beers:

Newportnobby

@exmouthcraig
Drat - I thought I'd got away with it. Pubs are, to me, no go areas as too many don't care about masks/distancing ::)
At least I got enough Rails vouchers to pay for my class 73 (if it ever arrives) plus a bit :)
:thankyousign:

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Trainfish

Well done on reaching another birthday Mick  :beers: :thumbsup:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations