Forum Issues

Started by Tank, July 19, 2023, 05:16:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bealman

I post from me phone all the time. Going to the gallery, highlighting the BB code, copying it, then pasting it into your post is a bit of a pain, but I've been doing it that way since 2013, so I'm used to it.

Phew, that was a long sentence!
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Trainfish

That was the best method I could find but not ideal. I wanted to make a post with several pictures and doing it like that would have wasted a lot of valuable drinking time so they can wait until I get home today or tomorrow.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Bealman

It does, for sure. Having to go back and swipe the BB all the time.

But it slows down my drinking  :D

Bealman

And, incidentally, I'm at the bus stop typing this, bloody freezing!

Ed

Quote from: Newportnobby on September 10, 2023, 12:50:45 PMSorry, Ed, but only Mods or Admin can make replies there (not even sure why it's visible to anyone else if that's the case).
If you want to PM me feel free as I placed the ad :)

It appears that it's not just classifieds that I cant reply to, as I can't reply to this either which is in 'N Gage Discussion'.

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=62162.msg808456#new

Ed

Newportnobby

@Ed
There is already one thread with 10 pages on TINGS so I locked the one you refer to.
Only Mods/Admin can access the locked one

Ed

Quote from: Newportnobby on September 11, 2023, 02:36:38 PM@Ed
There is already one thread with 10 pages on TINGS so I locked the one you refer to.
Only Mods/Admin can access the locked one

So I cant' comment on that video, oh well  :confused1:

Ed

Graham

Quote from: Bealman on September 11, 2023, 10:23:10 AMAnd, incidentally, I'm at the bus stop typing this, bloody freezing!
Never mind you will whinging you are hot next, and given the forecast for the next few days you will be nice and hot.  :)  :)

martyn

Apologies if this has been on this page before, but I can't find it.

I've tried to add a picture to a PM, but when I attach it, it comes up with 'file too big'. I'm sure I used this method in the past.

Is there a way to add a picture to a PM now, please? If I click on the 'if you want to add an image to the gallery, please use [REPLY] button instead'. This doesn't seem to work either.

Thanks

Martyn

crewearpley40

Martyn. I've had the same issue. Has anyone else experienced please ?

The old system was better but just learning I guess how to .... scenario

ntpntpntp

@martyn If I'm sending a photo on a PM it's often already in my gallery so I find it on there and grab the link to paste into the PM.   If it's a new photo I upload it to my gallery (or random photos as appropriate) first then grab the link as before.

Are you saying you can add pictures to the gallery ok (so you know they're not too large for the forum) but including in a PM gives you the size error?
Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

martyn

@ntpntpntp

Not sure what's happening. I try and add it to the gallery as a random link, but that's when the error message comes up.

Maybe because it's a pdf? I don't think I've tried loading oe of those before.

I'm not sure if I've added 'ordinary' photos since the upgrade; I've not had a problem doing that before.

I'll try some of your suggestions and see what happens.

Martyn

ntpntpntp

@martyn   Ah so it is a pdf not an image.   Linking to gallery etc. isn't going to work.

Send PM doesn't have the same option to Drag and Drop a file as an attachment that a full reply to a post has ** on some areas of this forum **  For example on your thread about the Peco Kit I tried a full reply and it gave me the option to Drag and Drop a file, it seemed to allow me to drop a 10Mb pdf, saying maximum size 16Mb.  I didn't actually post the attachment as it's a pdf I paid for years ago.

Yet the same Reply button on this thread doesn't give me the option?  Might be because this thread is set as a Notice?  I think I saw some sort of error come about about attachments not allowed for Notices.

Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

Newportnobby

pdfs can be attached to a normal post but not to PMs.
The forum does not support pdfs to upload to a gallery (Jeez, I hate that word)
It has always been thus.
One way round it, I've found' is to take a screen shot of the pdf and save it as a jpeg then upload it

Newportnobby

Much though I appreciate the work gone in to improve the mobile phone version of the forum, looking at "All Unread" it doesn't say who was the last to post, so I don't know which ones to ignore.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations