Dapol (re)announce HST Protype train - open for pre-orders

Started by NGS-PO, September 08, 2018, 01:23:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob G

So I do really need both packs to run a WR passenger carrying train of Power Car+3FO+2RB+3SO+Power Car.
That's enough justification. All coaches ordered.
I wonder if Dapol have included transfers for 252001 as these are missing under the nose and that was the condition I saw her in, in 1975, at Old Oak.

Best
Bob

Dalek

Chetcombe

I'm pretty cross that Dapol appear not to deduct VAT on overseas orders. Plus 39.95 pounds for shipping is quite frankly ridiculous...
Mike

See my layout here Chetcombe
Videos of Chetcombe on YouTube

njee20

I've seen far higher charges from the US on smaller items.

Have you asked them? I've got suppliers to use alternative services before. 

Snowwolflair

Anyone know if they are going to be in the shops or are they a Dapol direct special.  You might get a better postage rate from a shop.

Shropshire Lad

Quote from: Bob G on August 21, 2020, 03:23:44 PM
So I do really need both packs to run a WR passenger carrying train of Power Car+3FO+2RB+3SO+Power Car.
That's enough justification. All coaches ordered.
I wonder if Dapol have included transfers for 252001 as these are missing under the nose and that was the condition I saw her in, in 1975, at Old Oak.

Best
Bob
Yes the 252 001 transfers, along with a lot of buffer beam detail parts, are included.
Cheers Colin

Bob G

It just gets better and better.
What a birthday present for me!!!!
Bob

Shropshire Lad

Good news/ bad news if you are fitting sound.The PCB has speaker connections but it'll only take a mini sugarcube without any modifications because the power car has rear lights. Disconnecting the rear lights might give enough room for a standard sugarcube but I haven't received my decoders yet so haven't looked too far into speaker fitment.
Cheers Colin

sg

Is anyone else who preordered waiting for the email and invoice still?  Do not want to hassle Dapol unnecessarily.

Gordon D

Yes, I also preorderd but so far not received an e mail or invoice.

I was going to give it a week or so before contacting Dapol.

Yet_Another

Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

Chetcombe

Quote from: njee20 on August 21, 2020, 11:16:47 PM
I've seen far higher charges from the US on smaller items.

Have you asked them? I've got suppliers to use alternative services before.

I emailed them on Thursday, so let's see (no response yet). To be honest, if they can package the coaches and power cars into one parcel I will be happy to wait.
Mike

See my layout here Chetcombe
Videos of Chetcombe on YouTube

red_death

I've not had an invoice - I'm assuming they have several hundred + orders to get through (and I know how time consuming that can be!).

Cheers Mike

Adam1701D

My invoice for the RTC pair hasn't yet arrived, thank God.

Still got to break this to the missus..."you know it's my birthday next month"   :)
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

Bob G

I never would have thought that the prototype HSDT I copped at Old Oak 45 years ago would ever appear in N.

Then two years ago when it was announced I thought the prices were steep, but fair given the one off nature of the product.
Two years on, and £30 for a correct pattern coach - no problem. £25 for repaint buffet/kitchen cars - no problem
£150 for a power car and dummy with lights - no problem.

Put it all together - well you just need a special birthday so you can have a special Birthday Present  :)

Bob

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations