Guess the layouts

Started by Dorsetmike, July 29, 2014, 11:34:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dorsetmike

At this rate I can see us running continuous instead of once a week!

I must admit that I blacked out the station running in boards on the Alton pics.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

DCCDave

Quote from: Claude Dreyfus on August 10, 2014, 09:54:05 PM
Is layout B 'Totnes'?

Oh gosh yes it is.

That didn't take long did it?

Loch Tat, Wansbeck Road and Totnes can all be seen on the exhibition circuit (although I believe Totnes is semi-retired now). These are amongst my favourite N gauge (well strictly two are 2mm finescale) layouts as not only is the running of trains great to watch but each has great attention to detail with the scenic treatment.

I'll post the rest of the pictures tomorrow.

Cheers
Dave

DCCDave

Well it didn't take long for you to work those three out. Here are some more pictures:

Layout A - Loch Tat
The station name is again visible on the platform, I'd have blanked it out this time if I hadn't given the game away last :)

Layout B - Totnes
For those who have seen the layout the creamery name might have given this away. This really is a canonical layout for 'railway in the landscape'.

Layout C - Wansbeck Road
I think these are best modelled coal drops I've seen.

Cheers
Dave

Newportnobby

Some more layouts for you to put names to............

Layout A

Layout B

Layout C

Further pics of the unnamed layouts Friday :D

Claude Dreyfus

Well, layout C is Tohoku City. But then again, I suppose I should get at least that one correct!  ;)

Newportnobby

Quote from: Claude Dreyfus on August 13, 2014, 03:41:02 PM
Well, layout C is Tohoku City. But then again, I suppose I should get at least that one correct!  ;)

Correct, Claude :thumbsup:
I thought that might be a tricky one as I wasn't sure how far travelled it was :doh:

Claude Dreyfus

Quote from: newportnobby on August 13, 2014, 04:23:13 PM
I thought that might be a tricky one as I wasn't sure how far travelled it was :doh:

I'm afraid it is no further travelled than a topic on this forum! I remember it attending a show at Brierfield, near Burnley. That's more or less in-law country, so a Japanese layout in that neck of the woods stands out to me...

Newportnobby

Quote from: Claude Dreyfus on August 13, 2014, 04:31:43 PM
Quote from: newportnobby on August 13, 2014, 04:23:13 PM

I'm afraid it is no further travelled than a topic on this forum! I remember it attending a show at Brierfield, near Burnley. That's more or less in-law country, so a Japanese layout in that neck of the woods stands out to me...

I took the pics of that layout at that very show :D

steam-driven boy

Hi,
Layout B looks to me very much like Marsh Chipping, it sparked a memory that took me to my Warley'12 Album and it seems to tie in with a couple of my efforts there  :camera:

Regards, Gerry  8)
...being a bear of very little brain...

Newportnobby

Quote from: steam-driven boy on August 13, 2014, 08:59:19 PM
Hi,
Layout B looks to me very much like Marsh Chipping, it sparked a memory that took me to my Warley'12 Album and it seems to tie in with a couple of my efforts there  :camera:

Regards, Gerry  8)

Give yourself a pat on the back, Gerry. Marsh Chipping it is :thumbsup:

Newportnobby

Layout A is Gardiner Junction for anyone who hasn't seen it.
Shame, but this thread seems to have died on its feet. Anyone else care to take up the mantle and post some pics for us to guess at?

Dorsetmike

I will search my archives
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations