what are people doing on their layout right now

Started by B1 61126, August 16, 2011, 07:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MinZaPint

Quote from: newportnobby on November 14, 2015, 09:23:43 PM
Quote from: MinZaPint on November 14, 2015, 05:44:51 PM
guess where I'm off to!  :beers:

Your local pub - aka 'The Barn and Rockface' :-X

and for you Mick I suppose it's off to the "Hip and Hop" for a Nice Pinta Nectar  :D  ;D
Cogito Sumere potum alterum

bridgiesimon

At the moment I am multitasking, almost - I have the laptop open reading on here and adding notes in a word doc for a 'possible' future layout in between painting 3 R Parker N gauge cars - Mk1 Transit van, Vauxhall Wyvern and a Wolseley 18/85 saloon - Most excellent models well cast, great fit and 'look like wot they oughta!'

Best wishes
Simon

dannyboy

David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

bridgiesimon

daveg

Simon, may I ask where you got the cars?

I've not been able to locate a supplier but have found that Parkers are/were based 10 miles from me in Malvern Wells.

http://www.ukmodelshops.co.uk/suppliers/40883-RParkerVehicleKits

Dave G

bridgiesimon

Unfortunately i got these from Richard (Ntastic) who is no longer trading. R Parker has an ad in railway modeller with address.Simple sae for price list etc. No knowing another source, i will order directly in future.
all i can add is my recommendation, these are really high quality models at a great price, more will be added to my collection!

Best wishes
Simon

paulprice

I'm trying to figure out how this strange cow got onto my layout, all of mine are supposed to be Brown and White, not Black and White  ??? :confused2: :confused2: ???

daveg

Seeing is believing PP.  :no:

Meanwhile, work on Hurst Hill & has recommenced and I've just this morning taken delivery of hopefully the last of the (far too) many points required to finish the job.

At the current rate of progress, I may have one complete loop/circuit by Christmas Eve. Nothing worth a photo at the mo.

Dave G

dannyboy

Quote from: paulprice on November 28, 2015, 11:32:20 AM
I'm trying to figure out how this strange cow got onto my layout, all of mine are supposed to be Brown and White, not Black and White  ??? :confused2: :confused2: ???

What happens when you cross an elephant with a dalmation?..........................
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

LAandNQFan

The picture reminds me of a story about the line I am modelling - though the Manchester and Milford was never a "Trunk" line.   :sorrysign:
As the timetable allowed nearly three hours for the trip from Carmarthen to Aberystwyth (58 miles) progress was always leisurely.  On one occasion the train stopped for ten minutes for no apparent reason.  A passenger shouted to the driver to know what had stopped the train and was told that a cow was on the line.  After the train had started again and gone on for ten minutes it stopped again.  "Another cow, I suppose!" the sarcastic passenger yelled.
"No. It's the same one," came the laconic reply.
Another story was that the Professor of Botany at Aberystwyth noticed a rare plant growing in a cutting which the train was steaming through.  He opened the door and jumped out, went back and carefully secured his specimen, then ran after the train and climbed back on.
I'm going to need engines capable of slow running!
Perhaps the proof that there is intelligent life in outer space is that they haven't contacted us.
Layout thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=23416

EtchedPixels

The Cambrian has been like that for much of its history. There's a famous 1960s story of a diesel freight breaking down, the crew walking into town to get some bits and help from a guy in the local garage, repairing the loco and still arriving on timetable.

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Caz

:laughabovepost:    :laughabovepost:    :laughabovepost:

Brilliant, laid back, that´s the way to be.   :)
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

GeeBee

After 3 months fighting to stay out of hospital. I have finally taken some photo's of Martini Holt as it stands?? at the moment

Hope this works
Graham

Malc

Nice looking layout, Graham. Thanks for posting.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £85.23
Below Goal: £14.77
Site Currency: GBP
85% 
April Donations