what are people doing on their layout right now

Started by B1 61126, August 16, 2011, 07:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daveg

Sprintex

Yep, just the bodyshell and decoder retained. First time I've done such major loco-surgery so well happy it came out alright :D

Paul

Steve Brassett

I have just built my first MERG kits - a CAN-USB4 and a CANSOL.  They only work! Woo hoo! I now have computer-controlled points.

LAandNQFan

I managed to get some black cows - necessary on any Welsh layout before the early 50s, when Friesian black and whites started to appear.  Found some unpainted non-Landrace pigs too, so that I can have some Large Blacks and Tamworths without having anachronistic shapes.  What is the animal equivalent of a rivet-counter?  :hmmm:
Perhaps the proof that there is intelligent life in outer space is that they haven't contacted us.
Layout thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=23416

Hyperion

Gluing down track underlay. Sticky business indeed.
DC or DCC, that is the question.

daveg

Just finished ripping up the old layout  :'( and recycling the points and hopefully, some of the track for the latest project.

Realising that I may probably have painted myself into a corner regarding the next section of new track to go down.  :doh:

Noting that this is a new mistake rather than a repeated one!

Kettle on and a couple of chocolate 'suggestives' will help things along.  :)

Dave G

essex6990

Just joined Forum and just seen this thread.

Am taking a break from building my 8ft by 16" junction terminus to build a 29" by 8" Inglenook micro.

PS Help please......how do I reverse threads so the latest post appears first and not 155 pages on!

railsquid

Adding some lineside infrastructure, in this case some cable ducts. Amazing how these little details distract the eye from swathes of ballast and track.

I hope @paulprice appreciates the choice of coaches ;)

mr bachmann

Sprintex

Caz

Quote from: essex6990 on September 24, 2015, 11:31:57 AM
Just joined Forum and just seen this thread.

Am taking a break from building my 8ft by 16" junction terminus to build a 29" by 8" Inglenook micro.

PS Help please......how do I reverse threads so the latest post appears first and not 155 pages on!

Welcome to the forum essex6990, great to have you join us, why don't you create a thread in either Welcome and Introduction or perhaps Layout Planning or Layout Construction and then we can help you as needed.

As for sorting, go up a level to the main board topic (in this case "N Gauge Discussion" and just below the pinned posts you will see "last post" with an arrow, click on it to reverse the sort order.  ( @essex6990 )
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

essex6990

Hi,
Thanks for getting back to me.........I`ve tried clicking `last post` and the little triangle turns upside down but when I go into a topic it hasn`t changed, and when I go back to `n gauge discussion` the triangle has reversed again.......do I need to do something else to lock it in??

Caz

Just finished putting sound in another Dapol pannier using the Zimo MX648, so, so much better than the CT's I was using.  Now eyeing up my Jinty but I don't think a Zimo MX648 will go in so it will probably have to be a CT SL76.
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

paulprice

I really must start finishing off projects a lot quicker than I currently am, as I have loads to do on the layout for the upcoming Warrington exhibition.

But like always, other things take my attention away, like working on yet more locomotives, this time not a Jubilee but more freight engines.

:sorrysign:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £85.23
Below Goal: £14.77
Site Currency: GBP
85% 
April Donations