what are people doing on their layout right now

Started by B1 61126, August 16, 2011, 07:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Looking wistfully at it wishing I didn't feel as if I've been trampled by an elephant.
Some kind soul at TINGS must have brought some manflu with 'em :(

Trainfish

I feel sorry for you nobby. I'd hate to catch a manful of someone.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Wingman mothergoose

Today I am mostly trying to motivate myself to make a start on painting the track bed areas grey and maybe even start on putting retaining walls up on the far side of the layout. Anything to make it not look like a train set glued to a plywood table!

Chris

johnlambert

Today's project is to sculpt this and turn it into a hill with a road running over it.

I'll also give this area some attention.

phil s

running in a new dcc fitted flying scottsman i bought a new dapol starter kit for the simple fact you get the loco, 3 gresley carriages, 1 complete loop of track and the gaugemaster express dcc controler & oil, all this for £242.25p

phil

grumbeast

Well I'm waiting for Mrs grumbeast to return from a conference So I can get to the new railway room and paint it top to bottom, them install flooring, and then benchwork...so really just waiting

4x2

I'm starting the scenery on 'Earlstone vale'. The twin track tunnel is first as I still have to buy a Ratio viaduct (tall overbridge in my case) for the cutting leading into the single bore tunnel.

Also, the CT decoder I ordered for my dapol terrier has arrived so I may get round to fitting that later....
If it's got rails... you have my full, undivided attention - Steam, diesel and electric, 'tis all good !

Mike

Newportnobby

Quote from: grumbeast on September 21, 2014, 11:17:58 AM
Well I'm waiting for Mrs grumbeast to return from a conference So I can get to the new railway room and paint it top to bottom, them install flooring, and then benchwork...so really just waiting

Has Mrs Grumbeast got the keys, then? :confused1:

Caz

Started fitting some more reed switches to enable precise location for auto uncoupling and shunting etc, fiddly but should be worth it.   :)
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

grumbeast

Quote from: newportnobby on September 21, 2014, 01:21:48 PM
Quote from: grumbeast on September 21, 2014, 11:17:58 AM

Has Mrs Grumbeast got the keys, then? :confused1:

:)

No Mr Grumbeast has to spend all time looking after my 7yr old    To be super fair, Mrs Grumbeast paid for the garage renovations for the railway room :)

GeeBee

Had to take a one month enforced break from Martini Holt I am hoping to start again very shortly, I have got 2 loops running in DCC scenery not yet started as Pam has severe chest infection and does not want to aggravate it and she's the one building the scenery going to run in my new class58 (Rule 1 applies) tomorrow

Malc

Taking a Kato double slip to pieces as one of the 4 blades doesn't move when I throw the switch.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

mark100

We are packing the rolling stock away as we have seen some of the layouts photographed on here, and my lad Paul stated that the ballasting on his layout is pretty dire and he wanted to improve on it.  :-[

I have got some timber from our workshops and during the Winter months we are going to replicate the other layout back in Paul's room as it is currently in the loft which is frequented by some monster Wasps :(   and to get rid of them totally, we would have to bring everything out of the loft to fumigate it, which is more hassle than its worth. :-X

We go into Gee Dee models in Nottingham regularly and will look at finer scale ballast, it appears that Woodlands Scenic's do fine scale and it is good quality and we will take our time on building the new layout.

Gareth is going to start building Glasgow Queen Street in N gauge for Andrew during the Winter months and we will watch how he does the ballasting on that before we do ours.

Mark  :laugh3:
You cant get better than a Betta Fish

jd

Well I've just put some mixed sized naked :-[ tree armatures to see how they look on the top of the cliff, before I do them over the weekend.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £100.23
Above Goal: £0.23
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
April Donations