Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob G

Having seen the PWM shunter (static model) on Carl Woodward's Gloucester and Horton Road Shed layout thread on here, I just had to have one.

Here it is (a dummy chassis, as the surgery required to an 03/04 chassis is quite severe) alongside an Adams B4 0-4-0 (which is also a very small loco!).

The PWM will live hidden away in the depot somewhere, so a static model is great for that.

The PWM is a kit of about a dozen parts. There are just three (chassis, body and cab) in the photo.

Bob

Kris

I purchased another loco from the Bachmann Thomas and Friends range. Percy this time. It's a lovely loco however unfortunately it is faulty. The connecting rod to the pistons was loose on arrival and under load this has been falling out so the loco is going back for replacement.

Below is my video review.
https://youtu.be/wipp8uSUaNA?si=nDy778EQtoWCidtw

I am looking forward to getting the replacement loco as it is so nice (for what it is).

Newportnobby

Quote from: Newportnobby on January 17, 2024, 01:06:05 PMPlain green Hymek from Kernow Models - brand new at old school pricing of £67.99
It would have been rude not to :D

Edit:- After the specified hour or so it's still running like a bag o' nails although it will crawl along when required. Pointless returning it for replacement as they haven't got any so it's either back to Dapol to see what they can do with it or to @Dr Al
 :(

Kernow had more in from Dapol so I sent this one back requesting a replacement they'd tested.
Evidently they were all as bad ::)
As a refund is no use when I want a loco I have asked them to send me one of them and I'll send it away to be looked at by either Dapol themselves or a well known Doctor on the foum

RailGooner

Revolution Trains Class 59/0 59001 [RT-N59-AI-001DC]

20240221_122054518_iOS by Mark Adedeji, on Flickr

20240221_122117770_iOS by Mark Adedeji, on Flickr

20240221_122249529_iOS by Mark Adedeji, on Flickr

20240221_122529045_iOS by Mark Adedeji, on Flickr

20240221_122551378_iOS by Mark Adedeji, on Flickr

Trainfish

I think all posts regarding the class 59 should be banned until I at least receive the balance invoice for my three on order  :*(
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Calnefoxile

Quote from: Trainfish on February 21, 2024, 02:28:03 PMI think all posts regarding the class 59 should be banned until I at least receive the balance invoice for my three on order  :*(

Ok I won't post about my FY 59001 then  :P  :P  :P

Regards

Neal.

Roy L S

Arrived today, Bachmann "Collectors Club" experimental XP64 livery Class 47 (Or Brush Type 4 as it was called back then). This is the "Sound Fitted" version.

The newly tooled 47 is a lovely model and nice to have a Collector's Club loco in a transition livery, albeit a quirky experimental one. It'll do nicely until the BR Green ones eventually arrive, and I'll definitely be having one of those too  :)

Oh, and the sound is excellent, great sound file and plenty loud enough  :thumbsup:

Roy

Trainfish

Quote from: Calnefoxile on February 21, 2024, 03:11:01 PM
Quote from: Trainfish on February 21, 2024, 02:28:03 PMI think all posts regarding the class 59 should be banned until I at least receive the balance invoice for my three on order  :*(

Ok I won't post about my FY 59001 then  :P  :P  :P

Regards

Neal.

I already knew about yours so it doesn't count. My lesson learnt is to pay in full next time although that would have been a big chunk out of my beer kitty for all 3.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Newportnobby

My BR Dance Hall brake van has arrived. Seems Rails of Sheffield sent it in a ballroom ::)

Roy L S

My latest bargain purchase at half of the original list price is a BR livery ex SECR Birdcage Set. I have been "umming and aahing" about these for a while and finally caved. The coaches are absolutely exquisite, albeit a fairly niche choice which is probably why they didn't sell all that well and I can't help thinking something like Gresley Suburbans might have been a better choice (albeit unlikely as Hornby have the OO Market I suppose).

As a predominately BR Eastern/London Midland modeller these are very much a "Rule 1" purchase which I will justify by them being "borrowed" from SR to cover a coaching shortage and they do look rather nice behind a J39  :)

In terms of boxes though, I can't compete with yours @Newportnobby  :D

Roy

Newportnobby

They are a nice set, Roy. I have them but, Kimbolted being based loosely on Oxford, there were many SR trip workings up to there and beyond. My excuse was a workers train to Cowley but I may plagiarise your 'reason' as being more believeable ;)

crewearpley40

Looks nice purchases but mick. Surely bit excessive just for a brake van. I would have thought if you  brought 4 or 5 items that size be fine seems a smaller box would have been better and the postage of the weight

I rest my case

Railwaygun

Im afraid that ive succumbed to my inner Paddington - i used to live around the corner from him, and read nearly all of his books when they were first published!!

Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I had toiled to achieve, everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind;
Ecclesiastes 2:11

This has been a public service announcement
It may contain alternative facts

Caveat lector

The largest Railwaygun, Armoured Train & Military Rail group in the world!

https://groups.io/g/railwaygun/topics

NGF Military threads

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?board=146.0

My Military Rail Pinterest area
https://uk.pinterest.com/NDRobotnik/

10mm / N armour Threads
https://www.10mm-wargaming.com/

Motto: Semper ubi, sub ubi

Thorpe Parva

Wow. Never really expected to see this RTR in N gauge. Just running it in.

Excellent service from Kernow as usual (no connection) as delivery less than 24 hours after ordering.

Newportnobby

Looks like Rails are using DPD for mine. I hope to see it maybe Thursday :)
Seems they've sold out their allocation of sound fitted 10000 already

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations