Unhappy Thread

Started by Caz, August 26, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joe cassidy and 18 Guests are viewing this topic.

Browning 9mm

typical of banks, and building societies, close all the local branches to increase profits 'save money and give a better service', then tell you you need to go to a branch.
probably find they have shares in oil companies and trying to increase their dividends  :veryangry:  :censored:

joe cassidy

Don't forget the postage stamp  :)

mrobs2002

Quote from: Trainfish on November 28, 2023, 02:01:03 PMI think we should bring back the cheque-book
Puzzled? Still got - and regularly use - mine.

joe cassidy

In my opinion a cheque, sent by post, is a more secure method of payment than a "card not present" transaction via internet.

My cards have been pirated several times but I have never had a problem with cheque fraud.

JulianO

Cheques became obsolete in NZ several years ago so not an option for us!

joe cassidy

Spend all your banknotes before they become obsolete too  :)

stevewalker

This has been the weekend from hell for us. On Friday our cat was run over and killed and, this morning, my wife received a phone call from her sister, to tell her that she went to hospital on Friday because of breathing difficulties and got her scan results on Saturday night, showing that she has terminal cancer ... both of their parents died of similar cancers, within 9 and 5 weeks of diagnosis.

crewearpley40

Sorry to hear this everyone's thoughts prayers best wishes are with you and your family.  Chris

dannyboy

So sorry to hear that Steve - don't know what else to say.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Papyrus

There's never a good time to receive news like that, but just before Christmas is the worst time of all. Sincere good wishes to you, your family, and especially your sister-in-law.

Chris

JBQFC

so over Christmas i had a bit of tooth that was giving me some pain so today a visit to the dentist I need a wisdom tooth out due to the fact the the roots are bent they need to be taken out by a dental surgeon as I am not classed as an emergency due to only having minor pain so a 20 to 30 week NHS wait  :veryangry: i don't want to wait that long so i opted to go private so having it out on the 9 of Jan but It will  cost £400 no new models for a while Thankfully the cap the also came out over Christmas could just be glued back in

John 

Newportnobby

I'm still on the waiting list to have a wisdom tooth put in :-[  :dunce:

dannyboy

You have my sympathies @JBQFC . I was experiencing pain in my one remaining molar for a few days at the begining of December. I got an emergency appointment with my Dentist - 8 days later! When I got there, the Dentist said that there was an infection so gave me a prescription for antibiotics and strong painkillers. I returned a week later and had it extracted. The nurse was stood behind the chair, gripping my head and jaw, (think she was a wrestler in a previous life  ;) ), and Catherine said the tooth would probably break as it had long roots. Fortunately it came out in one piece after a lot of pulling and twisting. The gum was sore for a week after but, touch wood, (ouch), it has settled down nicely now. Compared to you, I got off lightly, €240, (about £210). I hope all goes well for you.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Newportnobby

Just been out for a blood test. Went to Chorley as it's nearer and they were queueing up just to get in the car park, while I could see people driving round and round in the car park hoping someone would leave. Stuff that, I thought, so headed up the M6 to Preston hospital. Managed to park OK, went in, asked for the blood clinic, took a ticket (like in a deli) and went in after 5 minutes. Big trousered woman phlebotomist bade me sit down then grabbed my left hand and tucked it between her legs - way too high up for comfort for my liking (just glad she wore trousers!!)
She stabbed my arm more painfully than the GP surgery phlebotomist and took 3 samples of blood. Why is it the more hairy your arms the more sticky tape they apply over the cotton wool swab? I'm sure the sadistic buggers like hearing your screams when you try to remove it later on.
Rewarded myself with a coffee and slice of lemon drizzle cake, yomped to the car park, paid my £3.80 and drove home. All in all I was out for 3½ hours for something that should have taken maybe 1 hour
Hey ho - as I'm often told "You've got nothing better to do"

Trainfish

Doesn't sound too bad, and after all, you've got nothing better to do  :D
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations