Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ditape

[smg id=20388 type=full align=center caption="8057Farish U 3123404 Qty1 1"]

Another ebay bargain £50 DCC fitted including p&p  :claphappy:
Diane Tape

marco neri

Last arrives at station...
3 Intercity ( one Mk1 and two Mk2) and Tartan Arrow

...never turn you back on the ripper (judas priest)

mickeyflinn

Here are my latest purchases;

Bought off eBay for less than £80. Smooth runner forwards, but a bit jerky in reverse, it's like most of my other Dapol locos in that it's getting quieter and smoother the more it runs.

The milk tankers from the December Dapol specials - the class 22 loco is currently at DCC Supplies awaiting repair (see http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=25180.msg276350#msg276350).

Because the milk train needs a brake van.

Paddy

Quote from: marco neri on January 13, 2015, 11:24:57 PM

What do you think of the Tartan Arrow van Marco?

Kind regards

Paddy
HOLLERTON JUNCTION (SHED 13C)
London Midland Region
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=11342.0

BARRIES'S TRAIN SHED - HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVzVVov7HJOrrZ6HRvV2GA

marco neri

I don't know anymore about that train...I like wagons and their typical livery..however doesn''t match my layout era...but Grafar model is a very good value..
Cheers.

Marco

Paddy

Quote from: marco neri on January 16, 2015, 11:33:01 PM

I don't know anymore about that train...I like wagons and their typical livery..however doesn''t match my layout era...but Grafar model is a very good value..
Cheers.

Marco

Thanks Marco - the Tartan Arrow livery dates from the late 1960s.  I created my own Tartan Arrow train (you can see this in my HOLLERTON JUNCTION thread).  Not sure whether I will upgrade my Lima CCTs to the latest Farish ones though...

Paddy

HOLLERTON JUNCTION (SHED 13C)
London Midland Region
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=11342.0

BARRIES'S TRAIN SHED - HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVzVVov7HJOrrZ6HRvV2GA

marco neri

Quote from: Paddy on January 17, 2015, 03:28:10 PM
Quote from: marco neri on January 16, 2015, 11:33:01 PM

Cheers.

Marco

Thanks Marco - the Tartan Arrow livery dates from the late 1960s.  I created my own Tartan Arrow train (you can see this in my HOLLERTON JUNCTION thread).  Not sure whether I will upgrade my Lima CCTs to the latest Farish ones though...

Paddy

Hi,
I've just seen your HOLLERTON JUNCTION past days....and its RULE ONE.(I also have the DB SCHENKER Class 67) a very inspirated construction..

Cheers
Marco

austinbob

Quote from: austinbob on January 10, 2015, 06:36:17 PM
Just given in and spent some of my 2016 pocket money on the Dapol A3 special offer 'Gladiateur' at £80 with only 5 hours left to go.
Bread and water from now on I think!
Received my Dapol A3 which ran fine out of the box albeit a little bit stiff. Drop of oil and a couple of hours running in and it runs very nicely - beautiful detail.
Also bought a Dapol Pannier which, after oiling and running in is a very nice runner and again - I love the detailing.
Well that's two good locos in a row I've got. Maybe its going to be a good year!
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

marco neri

Iv both the locos (Two A3 and one Pannier) and Iv not problems at moment...
both great runners..especially Pannier ,a beautiful surprise!...and I don't oiled 'em
Greetings
Marco

austinbob

Quote from: marco neri on January 17, 2015, 06:10:30 PM

both great runners..especially Pannier ,a beautiful surprise!...and I don't oiled 'em
Greetings
Marco
Hi Marco.
Glad you're pleased with these locos but Dapol ask you to oil the loco as described in the instructions otherwise you may invalidate the warranty. So be careful....
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

marco neri

Quote from: austinbob on January 17, 2015, 06:18:25 PM
Quote from: marco neri on January 17, 2015, 06:10:30 PM

Greetings
Marco
Hi Marco.
Glad you're pleased with these locos but Dapol ask you to oil the loco as described in the instructions otherwise you may invalidate the warranty. So be careful....

Hi
Thank you but....for enthusiasm when I open the loco boxes I alway forget to read instructions...next times will be my first thought  put oil when described..
:thankyousign:
Marco

austinbob

Quote from: marco neri on January 17, 2015, 07:19:21 PM
Thank you but....for enthusiasm when I open the loco boxes I alway forget to read instructions...next times will be my first thought  put oil when described..
Marco
I know exactly how you feel Marco. Its always like its Christmas or a Birthday when you get a new loco. Who reads the instructions first - not many of us!!
:beers:

Bob Austin

johnlambert

My railway saw a fair bit of iron ore traffic, so I'm a sucker for suitable wagons.  My local shop had these, which were split from the Steel Worker set.

And also my new 4F to replace the faulty one.

petercharlesfagg

Friends,

Having sat at home oblivious to the world because of not seeing, I have now given myself a little "Retail Therapy" and invested in a freight wagon that fell in love with a while ago!

It is the Tomix Siki 1000 Private owner low loader wagon and I purchased it from Wellington models.

http://www.wellingtonmodels.com/index.php/8/

It is designed to carry (2) transformers but I intend it to carry a large ship's propeller instead.

I just wish that I could purchase several more!

Regards, Peter.
Each can do but little, BUT if each did that little, ALL would be done!

Life is like a new sewer pipe, what you get out of it depends on what you put into it!

A day without laughter is a day wasted!

marco neri

Quote from: marco neri on January 13, 2015, 11:24:57 PM

...and today the hauler

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations