A British domestic train from Kato? 800 series available from May 2021

Started by woodbury22uk, February 09, 2019, 10:39:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cornish yorkie

:hellosign:
    Obviously couldn`t resist this model, GWR from ROS, thank you MR Kato.
        stay safe regards Derek.
ONLY ONE RULE ENJOY

Trainfish

I ordered the same a while back. Should look good alongside my green GWR HST  :thumbsup:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

daffy

Keith at Train Trax email this morning:

"Just announced the release of the Class 800's will be May 2021. This will be a limited run and a further production  run will not take place until 2023."
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

RailGooner

njee20

Presumably confirms they really are just dipping a toe into the water.

RailGooner

NGS-PO

But it's an excellent price already, isn't it?  I'm not sure you'd really want it to be discounted.

I'm not sure I see the difference between this and any other manufacturer.  Farish, Dapol, Revolution, Rapido all produce what in effect are limited runs and don't re-issue for, in some cases, many more than 2 years.

At least in this case we've been told off the bat what the situation, like Rapido and Revolution do.  I like that approach.

Best

Scott.
If you know someone who's depressed, please resolve never to ask them why. Depression isn't a straightforward response to a bad situation; depression just is, like the weather.Try to understand the blackness, lethargy, hopelessness, and loneliness they're going through. Be there for them when they come through the other side. It's hard to be a friend to someone who's depressed, but it is one of the kindest, noblest, and best things you will ever do."

(PLEASE NOTE: Unless where obviously posting on behalf of the NGS, all posts and views are my own and not connected/endorsed by the Society.)

RailGooner

Adam1701D

I guess that means we won't be seeing the Trans-Pennine or Hull Trains 802s anytime soon, without a little outside intervention :)
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

Newportnobby

Quote from: NGS-PO on December 08, 2020, 02:00:02 PM
But it's an excellent price already, isn't it? 

At least in this case we've been told off the bat what the situation, like Rapido and Revolution do.  I like that approach.

Agree on both counts. Just compare the Kato 5 car IET with a Farish 3 car DMU and you'll soon see a price difference!

Adam1701D

As a comparison, the RRP for the 5-car IEP is the same as a Farish 2-Car Class 170 (with no lights, DCC or separate mouldings).

Shurly shome mishtake?
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

GlenEglise

Don't suppose there is much hope of getting the LNER, Hitachi IEP Bi-Mode Class 800/1, 'Azuma' 9 car set then?

NGS-PO

I'd say the answer very much depends on how well these first models do for Kato.  If they do well out of them, then eventually you'd have to surmise other versions will follow.

If, however, they tank, or Kato don't see a future in UK outline...then the wait might be even longer.

Best

Scott.
If you know someone who's depressed, please resolve never to ask them why. Depression isn't a straightforward response to a bad situation; depression just is, like the weather.Try to understand the blackness, lethargy, hopelessness, and loneliness they're going through. Be there for them when they come through the other side. It's hard to be a friend to someone who's depressed, but it is one of the kindest, noblest, and best things you will ever do."

(PLEASE NOTE: Unless where obviously posting on behalf of the NGS, all posts and views are my own and not connected/endorsed by the Society.)

railsquid

Quote from: GlenEglise on December 08, 2020, 02:44:41 PM
Don't suppose there is much hope of getting the LNER, Hitachi IEP Bi-Mode Class 800/1, 'Azuma' 9 car set then?

I imagine proving there's high demand for the model in general, followed by a nice letter to Mr. Kato (very nice chap, had the pleasure of meeting him once), might result in runs of further variations. Kato do like to get the most out of their tooling (they still do runs of stuff first produced 40 or 50 years ago) so I imagine they're in it for the longer term.

Snowwolflair

No one has mentioned that they are specked to join two sets to make a 10 car unit.  That is a really good feature.

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £15.67
Below Goal: £84.33
Site Currency: GBP
16% 
May Donations