A British domestic train from Kato? 800 series available from May 2021

Started by woodbury22uk, February 09, 2019, 10:39:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

railsquid

Quote from: njee20 on November 28, 2020, 04:42:56 AM
I'm tempted to buy one merely to help sales and encourage Kato to expand into the UK market. Be awesome for them to start chipping through our EMUs!

That is part of my motivation for getting one  :thumbsup:

Vonzack

LNER version ordered for me, lets hope if they sell well, we get some more ECML sets.....Class 91 + MkIVs anybody?

Katmandu

To all the legal beagles this is my first post so be gentle.

When I studied some law in the 60s one of the basic principles studied was about "Invitation to treat" .  Basically any pricing in windows. on shop shelves, advertising etc was an invitastion to treat, you offered to buy at that price and the seller then chose whether to accept and supply at that price or refuse, make a counter offer etc.  All of this was backed up by copious case law etc.

Does this not cover any mispricing in adverts?

Trainfish

Yes it does cover it as from what I know and consulting the MSE website you have only agreed the cost/contract once the purchase has been carried out, ie, money exchanged.

Welcome to the forum too. Rest assured not all threads are like this one  :thumbsup:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

dannyboy

@Katmandu

Your thoughts are what I always believed - until money changes hands, either party can decline the offer. And welcome to the forum.  :thumbsup:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Snowwolflair

That is all correct except what defines the beginning of the financial transaction as the law was drafted long before the concept of pre-authorisation.  There was a recent case to decide this that went as follows.

The argument was about when does a payment start as that is the point of entry of the contracted stage.  It was argued that you start to pay as soon as an action by the vendor has an impact on the buyers finances. Specifically the QC argued that the pre authorisation request by a vendor to PayPal or other would be noted by the funding source and consequently will have an affect on how they view the financial position of the buyer.  Therefore the act of pre authorisation was the beginning of the financial transaction and consequently the start of the contract.  the argument was accepted.

I saw this on a trading standards notification so if there is a lawyer on the forum who can name the case it would be appreciated.

Railwaygun

that 's enough legalese please, or we will consider locking this thread!!

NickR
Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I had toiled to achieve, everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind;
Ecclesiastes 2:11

This has been a public service announcement
It may contain alternative facts

Caveat lector

The largest Railwaygun, Armoured Train & Military Rail group in the world!

https://groups.io/g/railwaygun/topics

NGF Military threads

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?board=146.0

My Military Rail Pinterest area
https://uk.pinterest.com/NDRobotnik/

10mm / N armour Threads
https://www.10mm-wargaming.com/

Motto: Semper ubi, sub ubi

pape_timmo

Getting things back on topic, I wonder if Kato will be prototypical and have white door frames on the GWR sets, the real 5 car 800s being vinyls over white paint. The Class 802s are painted green, as are the 9 car 800s.

Cheers, Timmo
There's the right way, the wrong way, and the Railway...

My YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxeUUCqEw_rWo229kmnizFQ

acko22

Hi all,

Of course this is coming to fruition now and I can't wait to see them land next year, sadly alas the two current liveries GWR and LNER aren't for me  :-[
But the differences in modelling terms for a TPE variant are very very minor, in fact its the plated windows in first class 2 instead of 3 on GWR units and then literally 6 inch cut outs on the underframe valances on the GWR versions of the 80x series which are smaller on the TPE versions (something I could happily live with).

So all is not lost yet as a livery and change of the number of windows infilled (as well as the different seating positions in 1st class are well minor alterations in the grand scheme of such a project by well probably the largest N gauge firm in the world! But we shall see if my hopes are answered
Mechanical issues can be solved with a hammer and electrical problems can be solved with a screw driver. Beyond that it's verbal abuse which makes trains work!!

woodbury22uk

Quote from: pape_timmo on November 28, 2020, 10:10:33 PM
Getting things back on topic, I wonder if Kato will be prototypical and have white door frames on the GWR sets, the real 5 car 800s being vinyls over white paint. The Class 802s are painted green, as are the 9 car 800s.

Cheers, Timmo

Probably.  @pape_timmo

https://mobile.twitter.com/kato_team/status/1332232325837406209/photo/1
Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

njee20

That's a half decent looking BWHS pantograph too, albeit the angle's not great to check the upper linkage - be great if they do those as spares!

Adam1701D

Quote from: njee20 on November 29, 2020, 09:36:44 AM
That's a half decent looking BWHS pantograph too, albeit the angle's not great to check the upper linkage - be great if they do those as spares!
I was thinking that/ A nice, sturdy, dummy high-speed pan is what we need. All my Dapol examples have fallen apart (and look awful) and my 91s could really use them.
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

njee20

Dapol were close, but they made them bizarrely long! Revolution's ones are lovely, but not availalbe as spares - the 86s, 90s, 350s etc are all crying out for a better one!

woodbury22uk

Quote from: captainelectra on November 29, 2020, 10:23:19 AM
Quote from: njee20 on November 29, 2020, 09:36:44 AM
I was thinking that/ A nice, sturdy, dummy high-speed pan is what we need. All my Dapol examples have fallen apart (and look awful) and my 91s could really use them.

Trouble is that sturdy and finely modelled tend not to sit together. My experience of the TGVs is they can be posed, and dismantled by a bridge after moving from the posed position. On the plus side that means there is a need/demand for spares. :-)
Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

pape_timmo

Those Instagram pictures look great, and glad to see the white door frames. Looking really good

Cheers, Timmo
There's the right way, the wrong way, and the Railway...

My YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxeUUCqEw_rWo229kmnizFQ

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £15.67
Below Goal: £84.33
Site Currency: GBP
16% 
May Donations