Please help support teaching Dyslexics

Started by Karhedron, October 03, 2012, 08:14:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karhedron

Big ask - this petition needs 100,000 in order for this issue to get Parliamentary time. Believe it or not, student teachers currently are not taught about dyslexia, a condition that affects 1 in 10 people. More signatures urgently needed. Please could you sign this, then pass it on to your friends. There is less than a month left to get 85,000 signatures!

In a normal classroom setting, dyslexics struggle to keep up and this can lead to a lifetime of underachievment and low self-esteem. Although dyslexia cannot be cured, people with this condition can be taught a range of coping strategies to allow them to manage it and make the most of life. But this needs to be done at an early age to be most effective, hence the importance of having teachers who are trained to both recognize the condition and help pupils to work around it.

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/20674
Quote from: ScottyStitch on September 29, 2015, 11:28:46 AM
Well, that's just not good enough. Some fount of all knowledge you are!  :no:  ;)

Donkey

Quote from: Karhedron on October 03, 2012, 08:14:54 PM
Believe it or not, student teachers currently are not taught about dyslexia, a condition that affects 1 in 10 people.
That is shocking!

Marty

scotsoft

Passed on, let's hope for the best  :thumbsup:

cheers John.

Malc

I'll post it around my contacts. Good luck.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

scotsoft

:bump:

Please help by supporting this petition.

If you don't want to sign it yourself then please pass it on to people in your address book, it will only take a minute of your time and could end up helping many children.

Thank you - John.  :NGaugersRule:

Jerry Howlett

Done at least I still qualify as a "British Citizen".
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £25.67
Below Goal: £74.33
Site Currency: GBP
26% 
May Donations