Unhappy Thread

Started by Caz, August 26, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trainfish

We only have deliveries on days with a 'u' in them. This was proved last week when I had some backscenes delivered on Sunday !
John

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

See my latest Youtube video                          >>>>>>>> here <<<<<<<<         
See a random video of mine                           >>>>>>>> here <<<<<<<<         
An even older random video of mine             >>>>>>>> here <<<<<<<<

themadhippy

Maybe they've moved all the parcel staff to letters after the post office got hit with a fine for late deliverys
freedom of speech is but a  fallacy.it dosnt exist here

guest311

re reply 1856

"including two on my driveway, no one asked permission.."

so, trespass ?

possibly fly tipping ?

possibly obstruction ?

I'd remove the signs and stack them out of my way.
then I'd phone council and explain someone has flytipped some scrap metal on my drive.

when they turn up and say 'the signs are ours' my response would be to ask why no attempt to gain my permission, and what were they paying per day to leave their property on my private property.

might not get you very far, but would wind them up.

guest311

don't seem to be able to find a 'mildly miffed to start with but now happy' thread, so I'll post on here.

yesterday, acting on the instructions of SWMBO, I sortied forth, suitably masked, to our local Tesco with a list of items to get, including 'jam doughnuts', with the verbal update of " if you can't get jam ones, get ring ones, but do not get custard ones". :-[

so, I found these in due course

not having my reading glasses with me, I scanned the 'jam' doughnuts, and dropped them in the trolley and continued with my task.

yesterday evening SWMBO decided to have a jam doughnut  :worried:

seconds later she called me and said "I enjoyed my jam doughnut"  :thumbsup: "it was custard" :thumbsdown:

my reply of "it said Jam on the bag" did not do much to help.

on donning my reading glasses and checking, yes the bag said 'jam', but the faintly printed label said 'custard'.

so, today, being a bolshie old git, I phoned Tesco customer services, went through all the various options, listen to various spiels about covid, and finally spoke to a human.

a nice human.
a helpful human.
who commiserated with me, and said this should not happen.
if the store did not have any custard doughnut bags, at the very least the label should have been put on so it obscured the jam doughnuts printing.
he would speak to the store and ask them to ensure this doesn't happen again.
he would also send a gift card to cover the cost of the doughnuts.

result  :thumbsup:
what I would call good customer service.
when I was on the AA we used to get what we called 'care bear' courses, on customer care, and were always told

don't say what you can't do, say what you can
own the problem etc

so, Hugh at Tesco,  :thankyousign:

problem is I've now got to eat 3 custard doughnuts by myself  >:D

unless of course HB would help ?  :hmmm:

silly question really, they are edible and more tasty than meecees.

emjaybee

Probably easier to catch too, although I suppose that depends on how much of a fight you put up.
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

guest311

just had a coffee and a doughnut, custard ...

and a pleading HB with his 'I'm starving' face on as he sits in front of me, with his nose inches from my plate  .

so, score is now ...
me - 1
HB - 1

carpet, - custard and sgar being cleaned off by HB

and hopefully, I'll get the third this evening.

and a quick sortie again this afternoon to get a bag of JAM doughnuts, so even SWMBO should be happy  :hmmm:

Calnefoxile

Quote from: class37025 on July 16, 2020, 04:03:39 PM

and a quick sortie again this afternoon to get a bag of JAM doughnuts, so even SWMBO should be happy  :hmmm:

@class37025 don't forget your glasses this time  ;D ;D ;D

Cheers

Neal.

themadhippy

Might be best to keep a close eye on HB,you dont want him getting caught swapping the jam and custard labels in tescos
freedom of speech is but a  fallacy.it dosnt exist here

guest311

duly checked both bag and label  :thumbsup:

by the way, why does Tesco never do 'try before you buy' on whisky, only on cheese . crisps / dips etc  :veryangry:

guest311

a toss up between the happy thread or this one, but decided this applied

received a 2nd class small parcel from Bicester [ actually a Heller 1/72 model of a US Coastguard C-130, so not that small, which was posted yesterday  :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

but

the RM48 letter sent last thursday ie 23rd, has still not arrived.  >:(

rang RM, waited for over 15 minutes listening to their  :poop: music, to be told by a quite disinterested call handler that the 48 'is a target' not a guarantee, my letter is not lost, but 'delayed', and if it was urgent it should have been sent special delivery which guarantees next day, and costs an arm an a leg. :veryangry:
it will not be 'lost' till 7th august.

funny that RM 48 parcels from Hattons seem to arrive either next day or the following one, and the parcel noted above, second class, arrived the next day.

so one  :thumbsup: for RM parcels
one  :thumbsdown: for RM 48
and a definite  :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: for RM customer services

any wonder so many people lose all trust in the post office ?

Southerngooner

Living here in France we have come to rely on ordering by post, and generally things have been fine. However, we were running out of certain provisions we cannot buy here (decaf teabags, decaf Columbia's coffee - real essentials!) back in May so got our son to buy some bits and send them out. It was getting close to Father's Day so my wife suggested he should put that in the parcel too. Finally, I'd bought 5 Society Sealions from Grid078 (hi Stuart!) which Martyn had taken into his care to pass on to me at the (cancelled) Portsmouth show in April, so suggested they came out too. My son took it all in one box to the Post Office and tracked delivery was over £50, but it turns out he'd used too big a box. Off home again he went and repacked, sending them out later that day. However, he forgot to add tracking.......

You can guess what's happened. No sign of either box. Martyn also sent me an Ultima LMS roof a week later, and guess what, no sign either. Friends here are still waiting on a tent from the UK ordered over four weeks ago, and another friends birthday card to her son (who lives in France so it was an internal mail) has yet to arrive, six weeks after his birthday.

I don't know if it just France, but this is unusual. Ironically, other things like the Shapeways J50 I'm currently building came much quicker than predicted, plus all the bits from N Brass got here in a week.

Bloomin' frustrating and bizarre......

Dave
Dave

Snowwolflair

If it is a postage contract seller then they will book and pay for the parcel online.  This does not mean it has been posted only that it has been paid for.

So Paid Thursday, not ready for collection on Friday and they don't collect Saturday or Sunday.  If you are lucky it was collected end of day Monday.

You might get it today or tomorrow if they have not lost it. :worried:

guest311

I was basing the despatch on this received thursday

"Order Marked as Despatched – Sent By Courier Service: RM 48

but you might be right with your scenario.

posted two 2nd class parcels last thursday to two forum members, one arrived saturday, the other is still with Pat, apparently, still showing as received at the post office but nothing else.

couriers not doing much better, ordered a backpack for my oldest grandson for when he goes to his new school, marked as despatched sunday, and Yodel show as collected by third party and in transit to Yodel on the 26th at 15:00, but since then nothing.

yet youngest grandson's birthday pressie from Smythes, deliverd by Yodel, arrived two days later,
and a parcel of paints from Hattons arrived the next day via DPD.

it just seems so hit and miss at the moment.

guest311

still no sign of the RM48,

but they did kindly deliver today a credit card bill dated two days ago  >:( :'(

dannyboy

In the Postal Stakes race, 'Bill' will always beat 'Letter' and 'Parcel'.  ;)
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £67.34
Below Goal: £32.66
Site Currency: GBP
67% 
March Donations