My local bus stop

Started by Bealman, December 12, 2017, 11:17:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joe cassidy

I hope no one nicked their clothes ?

Trainfish

John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Bealman

Summer flavours.

Wrong!  :sick2:

This picture is included because of the tree on the left. Look at the foliage! That is an Illawarra Flame Tree, presumably native to the Illawarra, the area in which I live.

I'm sorry, but I don't know how they live! I always thought chlorophyll was required for photosynthesis, and I thought chlorophyll was green.

So what's going on here? Those leaves certainly ain't green!

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Graham

I think we need a friendly botanist to ask.

Bealman

Platy767

Quote from: Bealman on December 03, 2022, 05:20:38 AM

I'm sorry, but I don't know how they live! I always thought chlorophyll was required for photosynthesis, and I thought chlorophyll was green.

So what's going on here? Those leaves certainly ain't green!

The Illawarra Flame Tree is leafless while flowering. Its leaves are green and glossy.

About Flame trees and Jacarandas from https://www.australiangeographic.com.au/topics/science-environment/2019/03/everything-you-need-to-know-about-our-iconic-illawarra-flame-trees/

"Both trees are very showy when in flower because they are leafless at the time, and both produce large numbers of flowers with a sharp colour contrast, maximising their attractiveness," Russell says.

Bealman

So they're not leaves, they're flowers?

crewearpley40

I have always wondered looking at twelve photos whether they are unique to your local area / NSW compared to the colours on the trees in the UK recently that are so autumnal red intermingled with the shades of brown, yellow. Colourful

Bealman

.... and here's me thinking Christmas is about surprises.

...... I'm not surprised.

The Q

Bealman

The bowling club is obviously trying to simulate northern hemisphere conditions, though why, I know not.

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas....

Trainfish

It's about time someone identified those UFOs and turned them into IFOs  :thumbsup:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Bealman

I was told today that apparently it's all about heat. The temp has been getting down to 10 degrees overnight, so they've put blankets on the green to keep the poor thing warm  :worried:

Bealman

dannyboy

Well at least they are in festice colours.  :)
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £100.23
Above Goal: £0.23
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
April Donations