My local bus stop

Started by Bealman, December 12, 2017, 11:17:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trainfish

Picture required or it didn't happen.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Bealman

The nights are setting in at the bus stop.

Which is good, because hopefully it'll be nice Spring weather for my upcoming UK adventure!

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Graham

jealous, would love to be on the York part of your adventures, still shouldn't complain I did get to TINGS last year.

Bealman

We can compare notes, Graham.  :thumbsup:

Had to laugh just then. Bloke I know at club was putting his helmet on and going out to his pushbike.

I told him that it was raining, and he replied:

"I know, I can deal with it, not like you Poms"

Can't help but love Oz!  :beers:

Bealman

Yep, nights setting in at the bus stop.

Our clocks change this coming weekend. Had to laugh on NPN's thread when @Malc said that the clock on his cooker would be the right time!  ;D

Bealman

Meanwhile, in Sydney...

My daughter informs me that Woodpecker Railways in Pendle Hill had a visitor yesterday:

Platy767

Great to see them with smiles on their dials.

Been my local model shop for more than 30 years....they never asked for a photo with me!

Mark

Trainfish

Quote from: Bealman on March 30, 2023, 02:57:17 AM
Meanwhile, in Sydney...

My daughter informs me that Woodpecker Railways in Pendle Hill had a visitor yesterday

But did the 25 year old (as he still believes he is) customer buy anything and did they tell him to do his shirt up before entering the shop?
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Platy767

Quote from: Trainfish on March 31, 2023, 01:15:14 AM

But did the 25 year old (as he still believes he is) customer buy anything and did they tell him to do his shirt up before entering the shop?

Even made the news in UK.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-11914711/Rod-Stewart-pays-surprise-visit-model-train-store-Western-Sydney.html

Bealman

GrandBealmanly duties.

Bealman in a situation typical of each day lately.... daycare closed for school holidays, so it's Granddaddy daycare.

At least there's a beer on the table  :D

Bealman

By the light of a MacDonalds moon...

Will that same moon shine on York, I wonder  ;)

Graham

quite possibly, but will it be as bright with all the polution in the northern hemisphere  :D :D

weave

No pollution here - we're all on strike  :D

Have fun in Blighty George  :thumbsup:

Bealman

The other night I got a message from an ex-student who now has kids of his own, asking me to solve a physics problem.

Being at the club at the time, I said I'd have a go at it.

Here is the pathetic attempt on a coaster with an empty beer glass. For a starters, that mg force is wrong -  tonnes are not SI units. I should have multiplied the acceleration due to gravity, g, by 6000, not 6!  :worried:

Beers and physics don't mix.  :no:

Train Waiting

Quote from: Bealman on May 03, 2023, 06:07:22 AM

Beers and physics don't mix.  :no:

Agreed!  Please may I stay with the beer.  Still it's very nice to be contacted by an ex-student.

Best wishes

John
Please visit us at www.poppingham.com

'Why does the Disney Castle work so well?  Because it borrows from reality without ever slipping into it.'

(Acknowledgement: John Goodall Esq, Architectural Editor, 'Country Life'.)

The Table-Top Railway is an attempt to create, in British 'N' gauge,  a 'semi-scenic' railway in the old-fashioned style, reminiscent of the layouts of the 1930s to the 1950s.

For the made-up background to the railway and list of characters, please see here: https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38281.msg607991#msg607991

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations