My local bus stop

Started by Bealman, December 12, 2017, 11:17:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Quote from: Malc on January 27, 2023, 12:47:37 PM
Quote from: Newportnobby on January 27, 2023, 11:57:07 AM
Quote from: Train Waiting on January 27, 2023, 09:15:19 AM
The Fonz and @Newportnobby both rode very nice Triumphs.  This leads me to wonder if perhaps Mick actually was the Fonz.  And has had to hide in deepest, darkest Lankyshire to find refuge from the hoards of screaming, nubile teenagers.

@Train Waiting I have singularly failed to come up with any reason why I would seek refuge from hoards of screaming, nubile teenagers. I could do without the screaming but otherwise..........bring 'em on!
Be careful Mick. Your pacemaker could go into overdrive.😁

Yeah - but I'd go out with a smile on me face :)

Bealman

I'm sitting here at the bowling club, with me last beer at 8pm.

Early days over in the UK. Nobody on line!

Reminds me of the Boomtown Rats....

I don't like Mondays  ;D

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

weave

Was finishing Tax Return this morning :censored:

All done  :claphappy:

Thinking of you George having a cool pint in presumably repaired air conditioning and just waiting for beer o'clock here to celebrate. Might set up a yard arm and, as it's cloudy, guess where the sun is  :D  ;)

Have fun.

Cheers, weave  :beers:

Bealman

Not the bus stop.

But Wollongong Harbour from the restaurant Bealman has taken Mrs B to for combined birthday/wedding anniversary dinner.

Means I've missed joker poker at club unfortunately  ;)

Platy767

Ooh. Very nice.
Happy Anniversary to you both and Happy Birthday to Mrs B.
Hope you both enjoyed it.

Moose2013

@Bealman
Congratulations to you and Mrs Bealman!

Papyrus

Your photo was the cause of a certain amount of consternation among the Papyrus brain cells. I have always had the notion that Wollongong was inland, I know not why, so I was surprised to see a harbour. Out of curiosity I looked it up and, lo!, a harbour with a lighthouse and everything! Google even lists some features as 'iconic', though not, strangely, the bowlo or McDonalds. Out of even more curiosity, I did the same with Haywards Heath and guess what... there is even 'iconic Haywards Heath', but all the places are several miles out of town!

However, I shall regard Wollongong with increased respect in future.

Cheers,

Chris

Trainfish

Quote from: Bealman on February 02, 2023, 08:30:59 AM
But Wollongong Harbour from the restaurant Bealman has taken Mrs B to for combined birthday/wedding anniversary dinner.

Means I've missed joker poker at club unfortunately  ;)

I was going to suggest something along the lines of "poker" as it's her birthday and anniversary but I surprisingly managed to refrain  :hmmm:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Bealman

A bit higher than the bus stop.

GrandBealette duties today so a trip to the top of the "sandstone volcano" as railsquid dubbed it, was in order. Mount Keira features in several pictures on this thread, as it is extremely visible from the bowlo, and also from the bus stop.

So, here's the view looking down.

North, looking at the northern beaches:

South, looking at a plume of steam rising from the steelworks:

Bealman

An unfortunate picture.

I've realised that my wife's phone takes better pics than mine, and they don't take so long to load on the forum. So here's GrandBealette, who's name is Keira, at the top of Mount Keira:

And a very unfortunate pic of Bealman as he was pointing stuff out to GrandBealette....

Platy767

Nice piccies. I can't recall being at the lookout at Mt Keira, but spent some time at Mt Kembla Motocross facility back in the '70s. I think it is still there.

Mark

joe cassidy

Quote from: Bealman on February 15, 2023, 07:37:21 AM
An unfortunate picture.

And a very unfortunate pic of Bealman as he was pointing stuff out to GrandBealette....

Good job your shirt tail was tucked into your jeans George :)

Malc

Quote from: joe cassidy on February 15, 2023, 11:15:24 AM
Quote from: Bealman on February 15, 2023, 07:37:21 AM
An unfortunate picture.

Good job your shirt tail was tucked into your jeans George :)
Otherwise you would be showing a builder's smile.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Graham

the Gong looks good from up there.

Bealman

Yes, it does, actually. Probably the first time I've been up there in 15 years or more!

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations