My local bus stop

Started by Bealman, December 12, 2017, 11:17:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bealman

Anyway, I had another PCR test yesterday, and it's negative - finally. :pint:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Bealman

Meanwhile back at the bus stop bowling club, ominous clouds over the sandstone volcano (as railsquid used to call it):

TrevL

Talking of Railsquid, I haven't seen him post for a while, is he ok?
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

joe cassidy

Bealman

Yes, a major loss to the forum, but he had his reasons.

Bealman

What is it with kids and puddles? GrandBealette does her thing.

daffy

Wonderful! :)

But it can be a troublesome pastime.......

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0JqkLc1Xf8Q
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Trainfish

I think that @Bealman is just jealous because he can't jump that high.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Bealman

Bealman is actually cranky with the bowling club. Their air conditioning has broken down - actually, they have a power cut. This means it's a sauna in there, the beer is hot, and God knows what the meat trays will be like.

MacDonalds tonite! On me way to the drive through now. Quick stop at pub, air conditioning great there.

Bealman

Oddly enough, a lot of the bowlo regulars are here too.

Funny, that  :hmmm:

weave

How much more is a pint (or whatever you call them)?

Bealman

A dollar or so, but I have a member's card, and they keep saying things like "Oh, you have two beers on this. Do you want to use them?"

And up go me thumbs like the Fonz  ;D

Train Waiting

Quote from: Bealman on January 27, 2023, 07:30:06 AM
A dollar or so, but I have a member's card, and they keep saying things like "Oh, you have two beers on this. Do you want to use them?"

And up go me thumbs like the Fonz  ;D

"Heeeey!"

The Fonz and @Newportnobby both rode very nice Triumphs.  This leads me to wonder if perhaps Mick actually was the Fonz.  And has had to hide in deepest, darkest Lankyshire to find refuge from the hoards of screaming, nubile teenagers.

Please forgive me asking a silly question, but what does one of the Bowlo's 'meat trays' look like?

I hope you enjoyed your McDonald's fine dining experience.

Best wishes

John
Please visit us at www.poppingham.com

'Why does the Disney Castle work so well?  Because it borrows from reality without ever slipping into it.'

(Acknowledgement: John Goodall Esq, Architectural Editor, 'Country Life'.)

The Table-Top Railway is an attempt to create, in British 'N' gauge,  a 'semi-scenic' railway in the old-fashioned style, reminiscent of the layouts of the 1930s to the 1950s.

For the made-up background to the railway and list of characters, please see here: https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38281.msg607991#msg607991

Newportnobby

Quote from: Train Waiting on January 27, 2023, 09:15:19 AM
The Fonz and @Newportnobby both rode very nice Triumphs.  This leads me to wonder if perhaps Mick actually was the Fonz.  And has had to hide in deepest, darkest Lankyshire to find refuge from the hoards of screaming, nubile teenagers.

@Train Waiting I have singularly failed to come up with any reason why I would seek refuge from hoards of screaming, nubile teenagers. I could do without the screaming but otherwise..........bring 'em on!

Malc

Quote from: Newportnobby on January 27, 2023, 11:57:07 AM
Quote from: Train Waiting on January 27, 2023, 09:15:19 AM

@Train Waiting I have singularly failed to come up with any reason why I would seek refuge from hoards of screaming, nubile teenagers. I could do without the screaming but otherwise..........bring 'em on!
Be careful Mick. Your pacemaker could go into overdrive.😁
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations