My local bus stop

Started by Bealman, December 12, 2017, 11:17:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

joe cassidy

It was probably attracted by your flashy socks George ?

port perran

Quote from: joe cassidy on January 05, 2023, 08:21:26 AM
It was probably attracted by your flashy socks George ?
Or the odour emanating from said socks  :D
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Train Waiting

Just as well it was the 'Z' gauge reptile and not the Gauge 1 version...

Best wishes

John
Please visit us at www.poppingham.com

'Why does the Disney Castle work so well?  Because it borrows from reality without ever slipping into it.'

(Acknowledgement: John Goodall Esq, Architectural Editor, 'Country Life'.)

The Table-Top Railway is an attempt to create, in British 'N' gauge,  a 'semi-scenic' railway in the old-fashioned style, reminiscent of the layouts of the 1930s to the 1950s.

For the made-up background to the railway and list of characters, please see here: https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38281.msg607991#msg607991

crewearpley40

Least it did not end up being found on George ' s layout

woodbury22uk

Quote from: njee20 on December 13, 2017, 10:04:37 AM
Does anyone still use buses?! Aside from the olds with free travel I mean!

We have a regular coffee morning here in the (residential) village where the age profile could be described as "9.30am bus queue". I have just renewed my bus pass which is of limited use locally because it is a mile walk to the bus stop outside the nearest pub.
Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

njee20

On seeing you quoted me, Mike, I wondered when I posted here, 5 years ago, crikey! ;D

I don't think I've caught a service bus since that post, mind!

Bealman

Quote from: woodbury22uk on January 05, 2023, 10:26:51 AM

We have a regular coffee morning here in the (residential) village where the age profile could be described as "9.30am bus queue". I have just renewed my bus pass which is of limited use locally because it is a mile walk to the bus stop outside the nearest pub.

A mile to the nearest pub? What sort of bus stop is that?  :smackedface:

woodbury22uk

Quote from: Bealman on January 05, 2023, 11:36:19 PM
Quote from: woodbury22uk on January 05, 2023, 10:26:51 AM

A mile to the nearest pub? What sort of bus stop is that?  :smackedface:

It is like the Bermuda Triangle for pubs here. Three pubs all a mile away but only one on a bus route. I remember being in Constable Country round Flatford Mill where the detailed bus timetable listed the main stops in each village. Every stop was also the pub. With only two buses a day the route did not lend itself to a pub crawl by bus.
Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

The Q

Only a hundred yards further to the pub than the bus stop, about 1.5 miles ,
I don't walk to get the bus.....

Trainfish

0.2 miles in opposite directions to my nearest 2 pubs although I prefer to walk 0.5 miles to the British Lion. I worked it out when we moved house from 1 side of town to the other, it's now 60 yards less to the British Lion. Not that it was a deciding factor on location, honest :beers:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Bealman

Another enforced bus stop break.

Well, it seems like I am in the small % of the population who suffers from "Paxlovid kickback." In other words, the 5 days I spent taking the foul tasting bullets, didn't totally wipe out the covid. I felt a little bit off on Monday, and sure enough, tested positive when I checked meself.

So, back into the isolation bedroom I went. Checked again this morning, still positive. So on doctor's orders, I had a PCR test at a local drive in.

Mrs B seems to be fully recovered, and I can't say I really feel sick. Anyway, I hope it's sorted soon, cos as much as I like Doctor Who, there's only so many old episodes I can sit through in a day  :uneasy:

Trainfish

Quote from: Bealman on January 11, 2023, 12:41:08 AM
at a local drive in.

A Drive in or a Drive Thru? We all know what's opposite the bus stop  :D

Anyway, I hope you get sorted soon. Mine took a little while..........

Pretty sure there was another after those  :(
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Bealman

Thanks, John. My PCR yesterday was positive, of course. The annoying thing is I feel my normal self (which is probably a worry in itself), but I'm stuck in this bloody bedroom.

And I'm so over Doctor Who  :smackedface:

Platy767

Quote from: Bealman on January 12, 2023, 02:48:04 AM
And I'm so over Doctor Who  :smackedface:

At least Beal is pretty close to Huddersfield, so you'll be ok with the accent  :D

Hope you get negative soon.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations