My local bus stop

Started by Bealman, December 12, 2017, 11:17:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bealman

The Aussie flag flies over 30 reasons to get yourself down to the golden arches  :)

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Graham

or 30 reasons not to go in my case.

Bealman

Papyrus

Note the small print - "only with the McDonalds app."

So they take all your details to sell to somebody else so that you can be bombarded with spam, in exchange for a few pesos (or whatever the Aussie currency is) off a rubbish meal. Sounds like a bargain.

:no: :no: :no:

Sorry. Mustn't let my cynicism get the better of me...

Cheers,

Chris

Bealman

Quote from: Papyrus on November 02, 2022, 10:58:11 AM
in exchange for a few pesos (or whatever the Aussie currency is) off a rubbish meal.

:laughabovepost: :laughabovepost:

Train Waiting

Quote from: Papyrus on November 02, 2022, 10:58:11 AM

So they take all your details to sell to somebody else so that you can be bombarded with spam, in exchange for a few pesos (or whatever the Aussie currency is) off a rubbish meal. Sounds like a bargain.

McDonald's is missing a trick here.  Why involve a third party for Spam?  Could it not just add Spam to its own menu - McSpam Burger, McSpam Sandwich, Filet o' Spam, Spam McFlurry?

:sick2:

John
Please visit us at www.poppingham.com

'Why does the Disney Castle work so well?  Because it borrows from reality without ever slipping into it.'

(Acknowledgement: John Goodall Esq, Architectural Editor, 'Country Life'.)

The Table-Top Railway is an attempt to create, in British 'N' gauge,  a 'semi-scenic' railway in the old-fashioned style, reminiscent of the layouts of the 1930s to the 1950s.

For the made-up background to the railway and list of characters, please see here: https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38281.msg607991#msg607991

Papyrus

Perhaps they already do. Would anybody notice the difference?

Cheers,

Chris

keithbythe sea

We're getting dangerously close to Monty P territory - Spam, Spam, spam .... and if you don't like that there's always ...... Spam.  :censored:

Bealman

Quote from: Papyrus on November 03, 2022, 10:37:12 AM
Perhaps they already do. Would anybody notice the difference?

Cheers,

Chris

There was a shortage of lettuce here for a little while recently. They substituted finely chopped cabbage leaves. Dunno if anyone noticed.  :no:

Trainfish

I think we still have lettuces over here if you want one George

John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Bealman

Bealman

Two trees.

Not the bus stop, but a reason why I don't go into town unless I have to. This is the centre of Wollongong CBD. On the left is the recently erected Christmas tree, on the right, the horrendous palm tree on a pole.

Every time I see those palm trees and chunks of sandstone which rate payers money paid hundreds of thousands for, I feel sick.

I'm not the only one - that palm tree looks pretty sick too!  :veryangry:

Trainfish

Why is the palm tree on a pole?
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Bealman

It's ART, don't you know  :censored:

Graham

and the security cameras are there to make sure no one nicks them.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations