My local bus stop

Started by Bealman, December 12, 2017, 11:17:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weave

It's not in big letters but it does say 'Free Diarrhoea Tablets' with every order over 10 dollars!!!

Bealman

This is a Jacaranda tree, of which there are a lot in gardens around here (the town of Grafton in the far north of NSW is famed for them):

They are quite spectacular, I suppose, with vivid purple flowers. However, they drop them prolifically, forming a purple carpet underfoot.

This one belongs to a couple a few doors up the hill from me. Anyway, we had a massive rainstorm yesterday afternoon and everything got a good soaking - including the purple carpet under this tree.

It was really slippery and Bealman just about went AOT on the way home  :uneasy:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Platy767

Always slippery around the Jacarandas if it's damp, and that looks rather steep as well.
South American plant they does remarkably well across Australia.

Bealman

Storms seem to attract UFOs. A swarm of 'em tonight!

keithbythe sea

Looks like they're adopting some kind of attack formation.  :-\

RailGooner

Quote from: Bealman on December 07, 2021, 11:48:18 PM
This is a Jacaranda tree, of which there are a lot in gardens around here (the town of Grafton in the far north of NSW is famed for them):

They are quite spectacular, I suppose, with vivid purple flowers. However, they drop them prolifically, forming a purple carpet underfoot.

This one belongs to a couple a few doors up the hill from me. Anyway, we had a massive rainstorm yesterday afternoon and everything got a good soaking - including the purple carpet under this tree.

It was really slippery and Bealman just about went AOT on the way home  :uneasy:

:hmmm: Sounds like the Magnolia we have in our garden. MBH loves it, but it's muggins here who has to clean up the flower and leaf drop and risk breaking my neck skating around the decking whilst doing so!  >:(

Trainfish

Quote from: Bealman on December 06, 2021, 08:26:01 AM
Interesting pile of puke at MacDonalds tonight. For overseas readers, Tim Tams are a chocolate coated wafer biscuit made by the Australian company Arnotts.

The name/word Tim Tams just doesn't sound appealing to me at all. I won't tell you what I thought of first when I read Tim Tams but you may be able to guess and they certainly ain't edible................
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Bealman

A bit crowded at the bus stop last night. Bealman was forced to wait outside the shelter! (That's his shadow  :uneasy:)

railsquid

Yeah, those definitely aren't your feet.

Trainfish

We were talking about booths in shops on another thread. With those feet as a tempter this picture looks very similar to the type of booths I mentioned but a bit more public. This is obviously the deluxe version with holes at different heights. I can't see where you put your 50p piece though  :goggleeyes:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Bealman

All you need at this one is an Opal card  :)

Bealman

Not the bus stop, but over the backfence currently. How much all this is costing is anyone's guess - don't forget the existing dwelling and pool were removed as well!

My gardener reckons they must have got an inheritance.

weave

I dunno, plastic fish ponds aren't that cheap but they wouldn't break the bank, or is it a large bath?  :D

Trainfish

I reckon you're right with the large bath. I think I would have gone for a bigger pool than that in that area myself.
John

<*))))><

Graham

looks like they may have damaged the fence George, may have to hit them up for a replacement, one which is tall enough to stop them seeing into your place.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations