My local bus stop

Started by Bealman, December 12, 2017, 11:17:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

railsquid

Quote from: Bealman on October 13, 2021, 07:17:23 AM
Neigh... ! Burrrr.... brurrr, (shakes head)  ;)

As the theme tune to the famous Australian soap opera says, "Everybody's got good Neigh! Burrrs".

I'll get my horse blanket.

Bealman

I could tell a lot of stories about that show, particularly about it's effects on the population of the UK, but won't. What I can say is that I can proudly announce that I've never seen an episode, ever.

In the meantime, the bowling club has apparently become a poker venue.... must be because of the name change. It's now Figtree Sports Club....

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Graham

Glad to hear that George, I can also proudly say I haven't seen an episode.

I only found out they filmed in the next suburb to me when a relative from the UK came to stay and wanted to go to see the street.

looking forward to my local club opening so we can go and support them.

Bealman

Meanwhile, the diet altered a little to VB followed by a Guinness chaser....

TrevL

George, who's your friend with the chunky pink tights on then? :laugh3:
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

Bealman

:laughabovepost: :laughabovepost:

That's actually the back of a chair!

(Don't forget, I live on the other side of the world to @Trainfish )

TrevL

I guessed, but you never know these days.
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

Train Waiting

Quote from: Bealman on October 23, 2021, 03:46:07 AM
Meanwhile, the diet altered a little to VB followed by a Guinness chaser....

Rather you than me with the Guinness!

The 'VB' looks good, though.

Best wishes

John
Please visit us at www.poppingham.com

'Why does the Disney Castle work so well?  Because it borrows from reality without ever slipping into it.'

(Acknowledgement: John Goodall Esq, Architectural Editor, 'Country Life'.)

The Table-Top Railway is an attempt to create, in British 'N' gauge,  a 'semi-scenic' railway in the old-fashioned style, reminiscent of the layouts of the 1930s to the 1950s.

For the made-up background to the railway and list of characters, please see here: https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38281.msg607991#msg607991

Trainfish

Quote from: TrevL on October 23, 2021, 06:35:18 AM
George, who's your friend with the chunky pink tights on then? :laugh3:

Pink tights, now there's an idea....................    :hmmm:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Bealman

Stranger danger.

Intruders at Bealman's bus stop recently!

I like the high viz hoodie and ciggy on a warm evening  :uneasy:

Nice evening, though:

railsquid

I wonder if they have their own bus stop threads on some other forum(s)...  :hmmm:

Train Waiting

Quote from: railsquid on October 26, 2021, 06:46:03 AM
I wonder if they have their own bus stop threads on some other forum(s)...  :hmmm:

I should think so.  Difficult to imagine enjoying a forum without a bus stop thread.  I wonder if bus stop forums have model railway threads. 

Weather in NSW is looking much better than that between the Forth and the Tweed!

Best wishes

John
Please visit us at www.poppingham.com

'Why does the Disney Castle work so well?  Because it borrows from reality without ever slipping into it.'

(Acknowledgement: John Goodall Esq, Architectural Editor, 'Country Life'.)

The Table-Top Railway is an attempt to create, in British 'N' gauge,  a 'semi-scenic' railway in the old-fashioned style, reminiscent of the layouts of the 1930s to the 1950s.

For the made-up background to the railway and list of characters, please see here: https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38281.msg607991#msg607991

Bealman

Ah, life almost returning to normal.... a VB, Guinness chaser, and twilight bowls have returned in the background!  ;D :worried:

railsquid

Presumably the UFOs are still in lockdown?

Trainfish

The 'pint' on the right looks like a short measure to me  :goggleeyes:

Probably not a bad thing if it's VB though
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations