My local bus stop

Started by Bealman, December 12, 2017, 11:17:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bealman

Let me modify the previous post...  an unexpected trip away, not an unexpected trip up on the rock platform  ;)
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Webbo

An island? Montague or Brush, perhaps?

Bealman

Nah, it's not even an island! The place is Broulee, south of Bateman's Bay. The 'island' is actually connected to the mainland by a vegetated sand spit.

You can start off on one side of the spit, walk around what is essentially a headland, and come back to the other side after about an hour and a half.

I had to turn back the way I came, but Mrs Bealman made it all the way around:

Bealman

Map in the beach car park sorta explains it. We started at the top part of the narrow neck, I got as far as the top right hand turn.

Mrs B made it right round to the other side of the spit, where she found me sitting on a log complaining I was thirsty  ;)

Webbo

Bealman

Nearest club 7km away  ;)

Bealman

Quite a few bus stops on the way though  ;D

Bealman

Masks back on at the bus stop.... and every bloody well else in Sydney, actually. We're classed as Greater Sydney.  :(

Bealman

Bealman has not visited the bus stop recently because of lockdown.

Normal services are due to resume July 10. Ho hum. :beers:

Trainfish

When we were in 'full' lockdown we were still allowed 45 minutes exercise/walk each day. Can't you just do that for old times sake?
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Bealman

:laughabovepost:

If I do that, it'll be in the opposite direction through countryside (though not as 'country' as it was twenty years ago) up to Mount Kembla village.  :)

TrevL

It'll be down on the way back. :D
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

Trainfish

On that note, when people do the Lands End to John O Groats walk why don't they do it in the opposite direction? Surely it would be easier going downhill wouldn't it? Or am I just being silly? (Probably no need to answer that)  :doh:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Bealman

Yes you are being silly, although I always think of south as going downhill. I always say I'm going down to Melbourne and Adelaide.

Adelaide is actually not South at all - it's on the same latitude as Chez Bealman just about - so it's west!

Anyway, there's not much point in me walking up to Mount Kembla village.... the pub up there is shut too.  :(

railsquid

Quote from: Trainfish on July 02, 2021, 10:46:20 AM
On that note, when people do the Lands End to John O Groats walk why don't they do it in the opposite direction? Surely it would be easier going downhill wouldn't it? Or am I just being silly? (Probably no need to answer that)  :doh:

It'd be much easier to take the train?

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations