My local bus stop

Started by Bealman, December 12, 2017, 11:17:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LASteve

I love those stories! I'm sure there's a raft of "it would be more than my job's worth" regulations now so it couldn't happen.

LASteve

Quote from: Train Waiting on May 27, 2021, 07:18:26 PM

No shelter here but a nice wall.

Does that sign say "No stopping at any time except bodies"? I can't quite read it.  ???

Bealman

There's people just dying to get through that gate!
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Platy767

Quote from: LASteve on May 28, 2021, 04:20:19 AM
Does that sign say "No stopping at any time except bodies"? I can't quite read it.  ???

Is that tongue in cheek?
It's No Stopping at any time except buses.

For some reason when I hear queries about what something says, I always think of the 2 Ronnies Four Candles/Fork Handles skit.

RailGooner

Quote from: railsquid on May 28, 2021, 03:50:34 AM
Once, many years ago, ...

A couple of decades back, I was working late shifts in Didcot and commuting by bus from home in North Oxford some ~16 miles away. My shift finished ~5 minutes before the last bus departed (~23:00) bound for Oxford City centre, from there I'd have to take another bus to North Oxford.

One night I boarded the Didcot to Oxford bus, not unusually finding myself the only passenger. The route to Oxford winded through many small villages and, again as usual, nobody boarded in the villages. When we reached the outer ring road of Oxford, instead of crossing the ring road we joined the ring road!

When I moved forward to query this route deviation with the driver, as the bus swerved, he loudly exclaimed "WHERE THE :censored: DID YOU COME FROM?!". "Didcot." I calmly replied. He'd forgotten I was onboard and having cashed-up had decided to skip the City centre and was heading to... Tesco to collect his better half from her shift there!!!

After much radio chat, he arranged for the Tesco to City Centre and the City Centre to North Oxford buses to convey me without further charge. Took me an extra hour to get home though. :sleep:

Bealman

Local band setting up at the bowling club tonight. They're not spring chickens, but have got more gear than NASA.

All lights and huge speakers and monitors.... Geez, it's not Wembley Stadium!

Apparently they're not that bad though, six piece playing retro songs.

Mr and Mrs Bealman will exit before they start, though.

weave

What's the bands name?.....NO HEARING AIDS REQUIRED!!! :headbang:

Bealman

It's on the wall. Took them three hours to set all this crap up!

weave

'THE FAILURES IN NEW ZEALAND' ?  :D

Bealman

Graham

the early exit is definitely a strategy I would employ.

crewearpley40

Quote from: Bealman on May 29, 2021, 09:29:03 AM
It's on the wall. Took them three hours to set all this crap up!
wonder how long a ) until one was defeaned and  b ) to dismantle

Trainfish

John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

MinZaPint

[/url]
Ok it's only a bus stop and it's over a week late but it's important! The bus was to take me on my first "Weekly Wander" since last November! Oh the joy of sitting in the pub with 3 mates and drinking fresh cask beer it almost felt normal and we did the same again this week  :beers:   :claphappy:  :pint:
Cogito Sumere potum alterum

LASteve

You sure you didn't take that when the bus dropped you off after a few pints?  :beers:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations