My local bus stop

Started by Bealman, December 12, 2017, 11:17:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bealman

That's weird.... the one that was wandering around near Chez Bealman after the crash was wearing a Sunderland shirt!  :)
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Bealman

A dark and wet night at the bus stop. Bealman had his regular blood dump to manage his iron (iron level down, liver good).

Mind you, being St Patricks Day, they probably extracted more Guiness than blood. Bealman had a couple and scored a couple of baseball caps!

Seen here at the bus stop....

Trainfish

Quote from: Bealman on March 18, 2021, 12:34:42 AM
a couple of baseball caps!

That's a little greedy isn't it? Or have you grown an extra head?
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

LASteve

Nice socks!

Work was suspended on the railway today in honor of St. Patrick while I whipped up some corned beef, mustard dill cream sauce, cabbage & carrots in the beef drippings and colcannon. Jill was treated to a rather lively-looking green glass of wine which she downed like a good 'un and requested to go back to a regular color. My green pilsner looked more like a Woodland Scenics "cloudy pond" effect, so that was chugged and not replaced, at least not on the same chromatic scale.

And now back to regular Bus Stop programming ...

railsquid

Quote from: Trainfish on March 18, 2021, 01:16:21 AM

You do know that in the mod team, "George" is actually known as "Zaphod"?

Papyrus

Quote from: LASteve on March 18, 2021, 03:15:48 AM

Jill was treated to a rather lively-looking green glass of wine which she downed like a good 'un and requested to go back to a regular color. My green pilsner looked more like a Woodland Scenics "cloudy pond" effect, so that was chugged and not replaced, at least not on the same chromatic scale.

:sick2: To quote Marvin, the Paranoid Android... "Sounds awful."

Quote from: LASteve on March 18, 2021, 03:15:48 AM
I whipped up some corned beef, mustard dill cream sauce, cabbage & carrots in the beef drippings and colcannon.

Now that does sound tasty.

Mrs Papyrus and I have reluctantly decided we are taking in more alcohol than is good for our waistlines. We have instigated a rule of booze at weekends only, so for the first time in years I have missed out on my Paddy's Day stout.  :'(

Mind you, it's Blanche's birthday today, so the rule might slip a bit...  :beers:

Cheers,

Chris

Bealman

Quote from: railsquid on March 18, 2021, 03:29:19 AM
Quote from: Trainfish on March 18, 2021, 01:16:21 AM

You do know that in the mod team, "George" is actually known as "Zaphod"?

Yeah well Zaphod Beeblebrox gave one of the caps to his son-in-law this morning  :headbang:

Bealman

Glad you like the socks, Steve. They're me Freddie Mercury and Queen socks.

railsquid

Is the bus stop being impacted by the ongoing precipitation event?

Bealman

If you are referring to the the fact that I got soaked through last night, then I guess the answer is yes  :rain:

weave

Hi George,

Didn't realise you'd got the rains again. Just been reading the Illawara news reports, as one does  :), and it looks bad in places and not going to let up so take care.

Also, looked at a map of Wollongong to see if you had a river. Couldn't see one of any size as such but noticed a suburb called Kanahooka. Probably old hat but surely there must be some jokes there somewhere  :D.

Stay safe.

Cheers, weave  :beers:

Bealman

There's a a creek flows very close to Kanahooka, called Mullet Creek. Floods the Kembla Grange golf course on occasion.

As I pen this, it's been nowhere near as bad as predicted.

Living right next to a creek, maybe I shouldn't speak too soon!  :beers:

Bealman

Bucketing down as I write this, but creek is coping.

Just on news that it looks like I won't be going to the Tokyo Olympics - all tickets to be refunded to overseas spectators. Not that I was going anyway!

railsquid

Quote from: Bealman on March 21, 2021, 04:30:57 AM
Just on news that it looks like I won't be going to the Tokyo Olympics - all tickets to be refunded to overseas spectators. Not that I was going anyway!

I was planning to avoid the whole spectacle last year by taking advantage of all the extra flights. However if there are empty stadia needing filling, I might consider taking the Squidlet along for the once-in-a-lifetime experience and to extract some value from my taxes.

Bealman

Sounds like a good idea to me! It would be a great experience even without the international crowds.

I loved the Sydney Olympics back in 2000, and so did the Bealettes. Bealette 1 was 15 at the time and was in the opening and closing ceremonies.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations