My local bus stop

Started by Bealman, December 12, 2017, 11:17:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bealman

Or the same window cleaner  ;)
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Trainfish

Quote from: Bealman on February 09, 2021, 06:00:58 AM
................. which just happens to be next to the pub.

Pubs, I remember those. Just  :(
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Bealman

Well, having spent a couple of days away at a very agreeable location on the south coast of NSW...

You get back to the bus stop, and what's happened? Bloody trolley takeover!  :worried:

railsquid

They were worried you might have been abducted by those UFOs.

Platy767

Quote from: TrevL on February 09, 2021, 07:46:57 AM
Maybe the golf club and the figgy had the same electrician :D

Yes. It looks like Marvin's work.

Bealman

Melbourne is in 5 day lockdown, but the Australian tennis open is going on. Funny watching it with nobody there, but they seem to have crowd sounds.

Not that it matters.... one of the women playing at the moment lets out a noise when she hits the ball that would drown a crowd out anyway  ::)

Papyrus

We've got the 6 Nations going on over here in empty stadiums. Normally, we are avid fans but we watched England v Scotland last weekend. Great game, but it had no soul without the crowds so we haven't watched any more.  :(

Cheers,

Chris

Platy767

Quote from: Platy767 on February 12, 2021, 03:15:53 AM
Quote from: TrevL on February 09, 2021, 07:46:57 AM
Maybe the golf club and the figgy had the same electrician :D

Yes. It looks like Marvin's work.

Hard to get a laugh around here at the moment.
This is Marvin.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvin_the_Martian

Bealman

Dunno if there are machines like this wherever you are (not the black vending machine, the yellow gambling machine on the left), but in a brain fart moment Bealman played it this afternoon.

Here's the result. A win..... not.

I put six bucks in, and won six bite sized bars. I'll savour those.... after all, they cost a dollar each!  ;D

Bealman

They change that banner so often over there I can't remember if I've posted this already. What have we got today?

McWraps, salads and smoothies  :sick2:

Bealman

METEOR HURTLES OVER BUS STOP AND EXPLODES, NARROWLY MISSING CHEZ BEALMAN.

TROLLEY BLOWN OVER BY BLAST.

railsquid

Sending thoughts and prayers.

Train Waiting

Perhaps there is an alternative explanation.  Given that 'Perseverence' has landed on Mars, this might have been the Martian equivalent landing on Earth.  The Martians are obviously dashed cunning people because they have disguised it as a shopping trolley, so that it blends into the NSW environment.  Look out for it on your travels, it might appear in all sorts of places, looking innocuous, but sending intelligence back to Mars about Life on Earth.  But, is it intelligent life?  The Martian scientists are at present attempting to work out why Earthlings pay three times as much for a selection of confectionary from a yellow machine as from the adjacent black machine.

Please watch out for the Martian Trolley Rover sitting behind you down the Bowlo as you enjoy a few swift 'alfs of VB.  It might try to pinch some of your VB for alien analysis.

Best wishes

John
Please visit us at www.poppingham.com

'Why does the Disney Castle work so well?  Because it borrows from reality without ever slipping into it.'

(Acknowledgement: John Goodall Esq, Architectural Editor, 'Country Life'.)

The Table-Top Railway is an attempt to create, in British 'N' gauge,  a 'semi-scenic' railway in the old-fashioned style, reminiscent of the layouts of the 1930s to the 1950s.

For the made-up background to the railway and list of characters, please see here: https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38281.msg607991#msg607991

Platy767

Quote from: Train Waiting on February 19, 2021, 09:15:37 AM
Given that 'Perseverence' has landed on Mars, this might have been the Martian equivalent landing on Earth. 

Please watch out for the Martian Trolley Rover sitting behind you down the Bowlo as you enjoy a few swift 'alfs of VB.  It might try to pinch some of your VB for alien analysis.

...and we suspect that Marvin has already re-wired both the golf club and bowlo electricals!

acook

And you can bet yer bits if we ever meet a Martian, it'll be wearing a Man Utd shirt!

Alan

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations