My local bus stop

Started by Bealman, December 12, 2017, 11:17:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrevL

Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

Bealman

I can cope with that, mate.

Last year's bushfires we do not need.  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Trainfish

And people say my selfies are scary?  :goggleeyes:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Bealman

There was a warning to leave the page immediately if you didn't like horror themes  >:D

Bealman

The bus stop was totally a non event last night. Much more colourful bin display outside Chez Bealman on the freshly cut verge

Platy767

@Bealman
What! 3 bins a week? Wow, the gongs have it good!
We get a little red each week and a green and yellow each fortnight.

I'm still trying to work out where you are located. I have niece who lives in Figgy, 2 streets west of the highway, but I think you might be on the east side, closer to the RSL/bowlo.

Bealman

We now have a small FOGO bin (don't ask me what it stands for) that we dump food scraps, tea bags, egg shells, vegetable peelings, etc into.

That then gets emptied into the green bin, which we can now put out every week because of this. Otherwise, it is the same fortnightly set up.  :thumbsup:

railsquid

Bealman

As I said, things were a bit slack at the bus stop... not a trolley in sight  :uneasy:

railsquid

If I were a shopping trolley, I'd be thinking those bins would provide excellent cover for an ambush.

Graham

amazing how each council has to be different. Red for green waste, yellow for domestic rubbish and blue for recycling here.

Bealman

At least a green lid for green waste makes a bit of sense, which is not something our local council has a lot of....  :no:

crewearpley40

Just seems a waste of money and confusing

Bealman

I'm not sure what you mean by a waste of money, Chris.

The recycling facilities where I live are very comprehensive.

crewearpley40

George. I meant sorry, in the UK we have brown bin good waste, grey for household, blue for plastic and then confused by kerbside caddies when stay 2 bins one for waste, one for recycling would be enough. Then there is one for cardboard, one is for plastic, one for glass. And have to remember which day . The bins are never big enough in my opinion. Sorry for confusion

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations