My local bus stop

Started by Bealman, December 12, 2017, 11:17:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bealman

7pm New Years Eve at the covid shopping centre. Having tested negative, the club allowed me back in but I admit to walking around the shops to the bus stop, rather than through them!

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Graham

I think I would have done exactly the same.

weave

Hi George,

Well you've got two New Year's resolutions sorted there already...

Do more exercise - tick

Stop buying sneaky pies and biscuits on the way home - tick

Back to normal on Monday with your conscience intact  :thumbsup:

Happy New Year to you and glad your safe and well.

Looking forward to more silliness, Mac foods, UFOs and of course more episodes of 'Wollongong Trolleys'

Cheers, weave  :beers:

Webbo

Happy New Year George

I'm afraid that COVID is picking up momentum once again in NSW and in other states. The following is the text of a letter that I've submitted to the Editor of the Canberra Times which probably won't get published as it advocates murder and mutilation:

"It is certain that a large part of the latest COVID outbreak in Sydney is due to the irresponsible and ignorant conduct of people not respecting quarantine and social distancing edicts. Perhaps a way that the NSW Government could emphasise the importance of proper behaviour is to plant a few severed heads of recalcitrants on spikes in prominent places such as outside the arrivals area at Sydney Airport and at a few of its popular beaches. Such displays were significant deterrents of anti-social behaviour 500 years ago and I'm sure that they would be so today."

Dear Gladys (the Premier of NSW for those in the UK) does not seem to be taking this latest outbreak particularly seriously IMO. Allowing large numbers of spectators into the next cricket test when more and more of the population are testing positive is not a good look for one thing.

All the best for 2021 everyone.
Webbo

Bealman

I suspect you might be right there, Ian, in that it may not be published.... especially when it's the Canberra Times! But you never know.

I agree totally on the Sydney test match issue. Bloody ridiculous. The last test in Melbourne was limited to 30% crowd, but does Gladys do?

Allow 50% capacity!  :worried:

Happy New Year anyway, mate.  :beers:

dannyboy

30% capacity is too much - it should be 0%!!! I would rather have a few weeks of being able to do virtually nothing than another year of 'yes you can, no you can't, yes you can'. Anyways, this is not the place, so Happy New Year to all our aunty ante antap friends down under.  :beers:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Bealman

Absolutely. Sydney cases are increasing, yet this bloody test match is going ahead. Actually, rain is forecast, but it still won't stop these chumps turning up at the SCG.  :veryangry:

On another note, it's a shame international flights are generally not operating, 'cos @Trainfish could have come and got a job!  :D

Notice the covid police motorcycle in background. Actually, if they're true to form, he's probably in there having an El Maco  ;D

Trainfish

Quote from: Bealman on January 03, 2021, 05:28:30 AM
On another note, it's a shame international flights are generally not operating, 'cos @Trainfish could have come and got a job!  :D

Notice the covid police motorcycle in background. Actually, if they're true to form, he's probably in there having an El Maco  ;D

I would need some serious training though as I even had to google El Maco  :(
I think a spotty teenager would be more suitable.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Bealman

Who's not paying attention then  :P

weave

Quote from: Trainfish on January 03, 2021, 12:30:56 PM
Quote from: Bealman on January 03, 2021, 05:28:30 AM

I would need some serious training though as I even had to google El Maco  :(
I think a spotty teenager would be more suitable.

I think the policeman might lose his job if he did that. Pretty sure that's illegal even in Australia.

Trainfish

Quote from: Bealman on January 03, 2021, 12:42:51 PM

Yeah, like anything from McDonalds ever looks like the picture?

Quote from: weave on January 03, 2021, 12:44:11 PM
I think the policeman might lose his job if he did that. Pretty sure that's illegal even in Australia.

Really? I've seen them go in loads of times around here. And the other emergency services too.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

RailGooner

In ye olde days when shops were open, I was walking down Oxford's principle shopping street - pedestrians only - when I noticed a police van parked outside Vodafone. Looking in the store, I saw a lone plod at the sales counter. So in I stroll loudly demanding to know why plod thinks it's okay to sort out her upgrade on tax-payer's time while blocking a pedestrian route with her van! :veryangry:

"If it's alright with you Sir, I'm taking down details of a theft."  :-[ Oops.

Trainfish

That's the trouble with making assumptions. Assume = Making an ass out of you and me.
John

<*))))><

weave

Quote from: Trainfish on January 03, 2021, 01:31:34 PM
Quote from: Bealman on January 03, 2021, 12:42:51 PM

Yeah, like anything from McDonalds ever looks like the picture?

Quote from: weave on January 03, 2021, 12:44:11 PM

Really? I've seen them go in loads of times around here. And the other emergency services too.

Sorry, I was being very rude and was trying to quote 'he's probably in there having an El Maco' followed by 'I think a spotty teenager would be more suitable'.

I'll get my raincoat.

Trainfish

Spotty teenage policemen? I think we have some of those too  :o
John

<*))))><

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations