My local bus stop

Started by Bealman, December 12, 2017, 11:17:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

themadhippy

QuoteI'm guessing George no longer works at McDonalds as he hasn't posted about it for a couple of days
Na its getting towards the weekend when there busier, so he's more likely on double shift
freedom of speech is but a  fallacy.it dosnt exist here

railsquid

Maybe the sandstone volcano blew up and obliterated the neighbourhood?

Bealman

No, it's still here. Here's a pic from the bowling club. As I said, it's actually quite imposing, and dominates the Wollongong skyline.

No eruption, though... all you people who read this silly thread will have to deal with it!  ;)

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

railsquid

Which reminds me, I wonder if I'm the only forum member who lives within sight of an actual dormant volcano?

Bealman

Bealman

From my trip to pester you in 2018:

Trainfish

I see several people have covered their cars in polythene sheeting to protect them if the volcano erupts. Good idea  :thumbsup:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Graham

Quote from: railsquid on November 13, 2020, 09:44:28 AM
Which reminds me, I wonder if I'm the only forum member who lives within sight of an actual dormant volcano?

I am sure our Kiwi members will be in a similar position, especially if they live in the Auckland area

railsquid

Quote from: Graham on November 13, 2020, 11:20:34 PM
Quote from: railsquid on November 13, 2020, 09:44:28 AM

I am sure our Kiwi members will be in a similar position, especially if they live in the Auckland area

The thought did go through my mind, but I couldn't actually recall any active members from NZ (if there are, apologies, my mind is not what it once was, which was a kind of half-melted jelly).

Bealman

Yes, we do have a number of active Kiwi members. The thought of that island eruption must still be fresh in their minds.

A tragic event.

Bealman

Changing course slightly, not Bealman's bus stop, but his front step! A visitor this afternoon.... a stick insect!

I'm sure this must be exotic fauna to our UK members... I sure as hell never saw one when I lived there. About 20cm long, hard to tell which is the head and which is the bum, but I think the head is at the top.  :worried:

joe cassidy

We get stick insects in France, at least near Bayonne.

Trainfish

Quote from: Bealman on November 14, 2020, 06:06:22 AM
About 20cm long, hard to tell which is the head and which is the bum, but I think the head is at the top.  :worried:

I used to have a girlfriend who suffered from the same confusion  :goggleeyes:

EDIT: She wasn't very good at metric though
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Bealman

On the way to my shift at McDonalds the club last night, I noticed that the trolley has escaped from the creek. Nice and clear, too. Thunderstorm the other night cleaned it out a bit.

And yes, that is Bealman's shadow. :)

Graham

that looks a long way down, be careful.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations