My local bus stop

Started by Bealman, December 12, 2017, 11:17:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

railsquid

Quote from: Train Waiting on November 05, 2020, 09:11:05 AM
These nifty yellow buffer stops in the parking spaces are a good idea. 

Those are actually cat pillows: https://twitter.com/ijnaoba1927/status/1284810935907913728

(note: Twitter seems to hide the pictures as "possibly sensitive content", but it's only that for people with cat allergies).

MinZaPint

Used my local bus stop to go into Wimborne with my 3 pals for our last wander for a MONTH!  :'( Tipples were Hobgoblin *2 (which I now find acceptable after Marstons :censored: messed it up for it's original fans) Fursty Ferret, Bath Gem and Ringwood 49er and when we got back a nice G&T with a slice of Lime in our local Legion.
Now back to bottles for a while  :(
Cheers  :beers: David
Cogito Sumere potum alterum

joe cassidy

I hope the bus had a toilet ?

MinZaPint

Even I can last 20mins, just :-[
Cogito Sumere potum alterum

Bealman

Fursty Ferret? Bath Gem? What the hell are you drinking?!

Sounds like cleaning products!  :sick2:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Bealman

Behold the Indian Myna bird. An introduced species to Australia, which makes it's flea ridden nests up under the eaves of your house and has the most horrendous squawk instead of a song. Bloody pest.

It also seems that a new member of the intelligentsia has arrived at the bus stop, goes by the name of Mooney.  :worried:

themadhippy

QuoteWhat the hell are you drinking?!

Sounds like cleaning products!
says the man from the land that brought us fosters
freedom of speech is but a  fallacy.it dosnt exist here

Bealman

Yeah, well that's true. Shipped all off to you. Nobody drinks the bloody stuff here!

Trainfish

Quote from: MinZaPint on November 05, 2020, 01:04:39 PM
.............Tipples were Hobgoblin *2 (which I now find acceptable after Marstons :censored: messed it up for it's original fans) Fursty Ferret, Bath Gem and Ringwood 49er
Cheers  :beers: David

I'm not a fan of the first 3 but 49er is something special. I like that one a lot  :beers:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Platy767

Quote from: Bealman on November 06, 2020, 01:08:05 AM
Yeah, well that's true. Shipped all off to you. Nobody drinks the bloody stuff here!
Seems that some Australian beer names reflect on the recent colonial past:

James Squire has One Fifty Lashes, Hop Thief, Four Wives, The Swindler, Broken Shackles, Mid River, The Chancer.

Don't know what they are like, not my bevi of choice.

themadhippy

confession time
several years ago i was  on a us airbase in germany,the beer choice was typical us fizzy water or fosters,surprisingly the fosters was very nice,totally  different to the stuff served in the uk and was our drink of choice during our time there.
freedom of speech is but a  fallacy.it dosnt exist here

Bealman

OK.... for everyone looking at this utterly banal thread...

I'm heading for the bus stop!  ;)

railsquid

Quote from: Bealman on November 06, 2020, 08:41:50 AM
OK.... for everyone looking at this utterly banal thread...

I'm heading for the bus stop!  ;)

Will the excitement ever end?

weave

Hi George,

Not banal at all. In fact, as we're in lockdown now we need to live through you. How about a sub thread called 'my local sexy barmaid (or barman for the girls)'  :D

Been nearly 22 hours now since you sauntered off. What happened?, what happened? 'Twas a Friday Night after all. :headbang:  :pint:

Cheers, weave  :beers:

railsquid

Quote from: weave on November 07, 2020, 06:19:28 AM

Been nearly 22 hours now since you sauntered off. What happened?, what happened? 'Twas a Friday Night after all. :headbang:  :pint:

Good point - I've alerted the Sydney police to be on the lookout for a man who was possibly abducted from a bus stop by shopping trolleys.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations