My local bus stop

Started by Bealman, December 12, 2017, 11:17:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Webbo

George

How do we know that these are not just two sand shoes propped up?

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Trainfish

Quote from: Bealman on August 29, 2020, 07:48:26 AM
Well she was wrestling a diamond python at the time.... and that was before breakfast!  ;)

If you were a proper Aussie that would be breakfast  :P
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

guest8885

how did the original post,  a member from Tokyo know about trolly busses?
the Australian members original post shows an opportunity
the smaller shopping trolley's can be used for a mobile garden.
which can the be given to the oldies as gifts.

Bealman

Having met squiddy, I can assure you that he's British. :thumbsup:

railsquid

Yup, definitely British (though that might change at some point in the unforseeable future).

Quote from: alanbell on August 30, 2020, 12:17:58 AM
how did the original post,  a member from Tokyo know about trolly busses?

Anyone living in Japan with an interest in transport would certainly be aware of the concept of the tororiibasu, which were fairly common in many major cities (including Tokyo) until the early 1970s, and until very recently on the Kurobe Dam sightseeing route.

Bealman

Now you're scaring me.... although I once lived in a elevated house in the seventies that had to be cleared of snakes from underneath.

Touch wood, haven't had many around Chez Bealman, even though it's next to a creek.

The Q

The local councils in Aus are trying to beat  the wildlife.. By killing more ..
Sidney has bought 10 new ferries , on them if you stand on the top deck, the bridges take your heads off..
https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/aug/24/sydney-new-ferries-wont-fit-under-bridges-while-passengers-on-top-deck#img-1

railsquid

Quote from: The Q on September 01, 2020, 08:29:19 AM
The local councils in Aus are trying to beat  the wildlife.. By killing more ..
Sidney has bought 10 new ferries , on them if you stand on the top deck, the bridges take your heads off..

Can't they just let some water out of the rivers?

Train Waiting

Quote from: railsquid on September 01, 2020, 07:08:11 AM
Nothing to do with bus stops, but strewth!

Snakes on a plate: Australian man shocked after massive serpents crash through kitchen ceiling

Aaargh!  Hard to imagine anything much worse.  St Patrick had the right idea.  I wonder if Poppy would like a mongoose as a friend.  Better still, a battalion of mongooses.

Best wishes.

John (Still recovering!)
Please visit us at www.poppingham.com

'Why does the Disney Castle work so well?  Because it borrows from reality without ever slipping into it.'

(Acknowledgement: John Goodall Esq, Architectural Editor, 'Country Life'.)

The Table-Top Railway is an attempt to create, in British 'N' gauge,  a 'semi-scenic' railway in the old-fashioned style, reminiscent of the layouts of the 1930s to the 1950s.

For the made-up background to the railway and list of characters, please see here: https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38281.msg607991#msg607991

Bealman

That boat has made news here, and of course it's so pathetic it is funny if you take an attitude like this:

::) ::)

dannyboy

Quote from: railsquid on September 01, 2020, 07:08:11 AM
Nothing to do with bus stops, but strewth!

Snakes on a plate: Australian man shocked after massive serpents crash through kitchen ceiling

Louisa turns away and nearly has a fit if she sees a snake on the television! Not sure what would happen if one dropped through the ceiling  :goggleeyes:. Still, I know what to buy if I ever wanted a divorce.  ;)
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

tutenkhamunsleeping

Bealman

Only two new developments at the bus stop last night....

A new tag....

.....and it looks like McDonalds have a Monopoly promo on again

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations