The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboy

Quote from: Trainfish on November 29, 2020, 03:29:35 PM
My argument on that is can I stop paying in after 30 years then?  :-\

I don't know why, but I have a sneaky feeling that that would not work.  :no:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

dannyboy

Quote from: themadhippy on November 29, 2020, 03:42:22 PM
however if you decide to take a holidayfor longer than   3 months under the benefit rules you wont get a penny

As I said earlier, I do not know how things work now, but surely if you take a holiday for more than 3 months, it only means that you will not get any benefits whilst on holiday, not that any benefit has been totally lost?  ???
David.

themadhippy

Quotebut surely if you take a holiday for more than 3 months, it only means that you will not get any benefits whilst on holiday,
I dont have an issue with benefits like rent and council tax allowance being stopped if i decide to bugger off for 6 months as it would be the same rules that are applied to those living outside the country,however why should i loose my pension whilst out of the country   for having itchy feet and want wander instead of staying in one place?
freedom of speech is but a  fallacy.it dosnt exist here

Jerry Howlett

I left the UK and retired to Italy after 31 years "working" for BR.  I am due the UK state pension albeit slightly reduced when / if  I achieve the sprightly age of 66.  I can top up as well to increase the amount asI think I am a couple of years short to get maximum.

Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

dannyboy

@themadhippy
Ah, I see what you are saying now. I didn't realise your pension was stopped if you went on a long holiday.  Thank goodness I told 'them' that I was living here and not just on a long holiday! :)
David.

Snowwolflair

Taking a break or working abroad has no impact on your entitlement as long as you meet the following number of qualifying years at some point in your working life.

"You'll usually need at least 10 qualifying years on your National Insurance record to get any State Pension. You'll need 35 qualifying years to get the full new State Pension. You'll get a proportion of the new State Pension if you have between 10 and 35 qualifying years."

Newportnobby

I've been getting state pension for 2 years now so the blighters owe me £20 (coming up for £30) so I'll be having words!

Snowwolflair

Quote from: Newportnobby on November 29, 2020, 07:13:29 PM
I've been getting state pension for 2 years now so the blighters owe me £20 (coming up for £30) so I'll be having words!

Go for it, that's worth a Farish wagon  :thumbsup:

javlinfaw7

Be careful  you could spend that listening to Vivaldi before you are answered at this time of year

Trainfish

Quote from: Snowwolflair on November 29, 2020, 07:16:25 PM

Go for it, that's worth a Farish wagon  :thumbsup:

Another 18 months and it could be worth a Farish coach. Then again, in 18 months the prices will have gone up again and you'll need another 18 months for a coach  :doh:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

TrevL

What about the £200 heating allowance, have they "forgotten" about that too?
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

Newportnobby

Quote from: TrevL on November 30, 2020, 05:42:01 AM

What about the £200 heating allowance, have they "forgotten" about that too?

Most has gone on the Kato class 800, Trev :)

lil chris

A Update on my story from the other day, I have only being trying to log on to the wrong app ie "MYGP" apparantly my doctors uses a different app "askmyGP", how the bloody hell was I supposed to know there is more than one app, get the feeling they don't want us to ring. What is more the app is alledgedly from 7.00am til 5.00pm but my Doctors had turned the app off, by 3.30pm because they were full, what chance have you got.
Lil Chris
My new layout  East Lancashire Railway
My old layout was Irwell Valley Railway.
Layout previous was East Lancashire Lines, changed this new one. My new layout here.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57193.0

port perran

I've just emailed the DWP re my State Pension which I receive from 26th of this month (I'll be 66 then).
It seems that to qualify for the full State Pension you have to have made full NI Contributions for 35 years.
I have paid 44 years n full and 6 partial years.
Anyway, my NI contributions easily exceed the 35 year target.
However I will, according to DWP , be receiving some £140 per month less than full pension.
I have asked them for their comments via their on-line email form.
What made me chuckle was that at the beginning the on line form states very clearly "As the security of this form cannot be guaranteed do not supply ANY personal information".
Fair enough, so..first questions asked when filling in the form :   Full Name, Address, DOB, email address, telephone number  :hmmm:
The automated reply states "You should hear from your office as son as possible"  :doh:
Not "We thank you for your enquiry, you will receive a reply within 10 working days".
I shan't be holding my breath but I will persist until I get an answer.
It's no good 'phoning them - the automated message says that you must use the email system for enquiries due to Covid. Hmmm .
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Trainfish

Quote from: port perran on December 21, 2020, 02:55:28 PM
It's no good 'phoning them - the automated message says that you must use the email system for enquiries due to Covid. Hmmm .

:goggleeyes: Can it be spread over the telephone now? If so we're all doomed!

On a more serious note I for one would be interested to hear what they come back with as hopefully I will be in a similar position one day.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations