This weekend

Started by FeelixTC, June 13, 2013, 02:58:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greybeema

Some of the 2mm FS guys use Chinchilla dust as ballast so if there is a Pet shop near the beach...  Surely the Missus wants to see the cuddly bunny wabbits...

Also mrs Greybeema asked me what happens to the random pieces of wood I buy whenever we go to the local DIY shop...  Ooops didn't think she noticed...   :goggleeyes:
:Class414:
Worlds Greatest Suburban Electric - Southern
(Sparky Arcy 3rd Rail Electrickery Traction)

My Layout on NGauge Forum:- http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=12592.msg154278#msg154278

FeelixTC

Quote from: Greybeema on June 14, 2013, 12:52:18 PM
Some of the 2mm FS guys use Chinchilla dust as ballast so if there is a Pet shop near the beach...  Surely the Missus wants to see the cuddly bunny wabbits...

Also mrs Greybeema asked me what happens to the random pieces of wood I buy whenever we go to the local DIY shop...  Ooops didn't think she noticed...   :goggleeyes:

We actually pass "Bunnyland" on the way, I'll pop in!  ;)

I know the feeling; whilst 'sowing the seeds' for a negotiation on a bridge purchase, Mrs TC offered to 'make out out of driftwood'   :goggleeyes:

Adam1701D

Sandsend's a great place to blow away the cobwebs. I've been there on a few occasions and always had a drenching from spectacular seas!  :D
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

FeelixTC

Quote from: captainelectra on June 14, 2013, 01:58:11 PM
Sandsend's a great place to blow away the cobwebs. I've been there on a few occasions and always had a drenching from spectacular seas!  :D

It's my favourite place in the world  :claphappy:
And, I'm lucky enough to be *so* close to it, those 'spectacular seas' splash on my bedroom window!   :P

EtchedPixels

You could go to Aberavon beach off Port Talbot, then you can have sun, sea, sand and the smell of heavy metalwork, and oil 8)

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Chinahand

Quote from: FeelixTC on June 14, 2013, 02:05:12 PM

And, I'm lucky enough to be *so* close to it, those 'spectacular seas' splash on my bedroom window!   :P

Huh !  ??? Ilkley must have moved since the last time I was there.  :photospleasesign:
Regards,
Trevor (aka Chinahand)
[smg id=2316]

FeelixTC

Quote from: Chinahand on June 14, 2013, 03:06:06 PM
Quote from: FeelixTC on June 14, 2013, 02:05:12 PM

Huh !  ??? Ilkley must have moved since the last time I was there.  :photospleasesign:

I have dual nationality  :laugh3:

Here it is, I sleep in the red ring

FeelixTC

And here's a (fuzzy) shot from my coffee/Guinness Perch

Newportnobby

Quote from: FeelixTC on June 14, 2013, 03:13:27 PM

Here it is, I sleep in the red ring

That must be damned uncomfortable - don't they have any rooms :confused1:

FeelixTC

Sprintex

Quote from: FeelixTC on June 14, 2013, 03:17:06 PM
And here's a (fuzzy) shot from my coffee/Guinness Perch

Is it your camera-work or the Guinness making it fuzzy? :D

Paul

FeelixTC

Quote from: Sprintex on June 14, 2013, 03:47:26 PM

Is it your camera-work or the Guinness making it fuzzy? :D

Paul

Both!   :pint:

Bigric

I've got an old BR travel poster for Sandsend on one of the walls in my railway shed , reminder of a happy holiday I spent in the area (based at Staithes)  exactly 7 years ago . It must have been fab when the line made its way along the coast . According to my "Lost Railways of North & East Yorkshire" the line closed in 1958....too expensive on the maintenance side !! Lovely place . Cheers , Ric

FeelixTC

The railway used to run right behind our property, which was then a hotel. Sandsend had a couple of trestle bridges and still has the old station up on the cliff about 200yds from us.
I'll dig out and post some pics when I get back.
........I also have a pic of a cracking letter to the Whitby Gazette about the lack of sand at Staithes; I'll post that too.

Y'all enjoy your weekends, I'm on my way!

Bigric

I remember when we were there I bought some b&w photos in a touristy shop on the front (just down from where you live) of the line , including the trestle at Sandsend & the one at Staithes . Coming back over (for the first time since that summer, when we stayed in a little cottage at Cowbar) at the beginning of August , to stay 3 nights in a hotel at Runswick Bay....Amazon Local offer . Ric

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £100.23
Above Goal: £0.23
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
April Donations