The OwL Update

Started by OwL, May 29, 2013, 06:24:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OwL

Hi Guys,

Sorry i havent posted for a while, its been utter madness in my life. My life is a big roller coaster at moment. I have had good and bad news all at the same time.

Last week i was admitted into hospital with a head injury. I was walking through my local town early evening and i slipped on wet paving after a snap rain down pour........... I dont remember anything else. I woke up 5 hours later in A+E :o

Luckily for me a policeman witnessed me slip and came to my aid, he got an ambulance, ensured my wallet and keys were safe and contacted my family to let them know.
Eternally grateful for his actions........

I have also moved house, my and Fay finally have our own place in the West Midlands, we started moving in on saturday. Friends and Family have been great.

Just wanted to say thank you to evryone on here who has supported me over the last few months/years.
Also wanted to say a big thanks to Pengi and Port Perran for sending me old rail tickets.

Im still busy sorting stuff out with the move, and still partially recovering from my injury. The most stressful bit for me was moving Old Warren, luckily shifted for a second time in six months with little damage.....Phew!
I will be back soon and i will contact all my mates on here with my new address details via PM when i can.

Hope everyone is well and i will be back around soon,

All the Very best
Dave :thumbsup:

Proud New Owner of Old Warren Traction Maintenance Depot Layout.

http://www.c58lg.co.uk/  http://www.c60pg.co.uk/

Tank

Sorry to hear about your accident Owl.   :worried:  Was the pavement alright afterwards? :D 

Glad that the move has gone well.  Moving is one of the most stressful times in life. :thumbsdown:

OwL

Quote from: Tank on May 29, 2013, 06:28:23 PM
Sorry to hear about your accident Owl.   :worried:  Was the pavement alright afterwards? :D 

:D Pavement 1, Idiot NiL. hehehehee

Good news about Palace getting promoted mate :claphappy:

Proud New Owner of Old Warren Traction Maintenance Depot Layout.

http://www.c58lg.co.uk/  http://www.c60pg.co.uk/

Tank

Well, I'm very happy to hear that a police officer was near by.  Have you been able to say thank you, or is he unknown?

Superb news about Palace! :laugh3:  Let's hope we can stay in the Premiership!!!

scotsoft

Sorry to hear about your fall Dave and I am pleased to hear you are on the mend again  :thumbsup:

Also good to hear that Old Warren survived and I look forward to seeing some videos when you get aettled in your new home  ;)

cheers John.

Newportnobby

Shame that to get you both together Fay had to club you over the head and then concoct a story about you slipping on wet pavement. Maybe she'll make an honest man of you yet, but on second thoughts............ :unimpressed:
Very best wishes to you both and I hope your bonce gets better soon :thumbsup:

weave

Hello my SNCF friend,

Still concussed? Watford equalised and won on penalties! Hope you are OK. See you in 2 years  :D Play up Pompey, keep the faith!

bluedepot

that was lucky the copper saw you fall and called the ambulance... good job you didn't lose your memory too...

i hope you are enjoying the new house with excellent views

tim

Pengi

Quote from: weave on May 29, 2013, 08:33:23 PM
Hello my SNCF friend,

Still concussed? Watford equalised and won on penalties! Hope you are OK. See you in 2 years  :D Play up Pompey, keep the faith!
That is impossible, Weave - Crystal Palace won't be in the Blue Square Conference South in two years time where your lot will be enjoying local derbies with Havant and Waterlooville :P  :P

Glad you are on the mend OwL and congrats on your new home
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

Chetcombe

Great to hear you are ok Owl, wow 5 hours before you came round :goggleeyes:

That's about how long it took me to recover after Palace got promoted :D

Yes, there's another fan on the forum :worried:

Mike

See my layout here Chetcombe
Videos of Chetcombe on YouTube

weave

Quote from: Pengi on May 29, 2013, 11:46:36 PM
Quote from: weave on May 29, 2013, 08:33:23 PM
Hello my SNCF friend,

That is impossible, Weave - Crystal Palace won't be in the Blue Square Conference South in two years time where your lot will be enjoying local derbies with Havant and Waterlooville :P  :P

Glad you are on the mend OwL and congrats on your new home

>:( ......  ;D.... :no:..... :hmmm:..... :worried:..... :'(

Also Eastleigh. Better take some pictures of the station on your travels as if it's anything like St. Dennis it'll get wrecked!

Ps Pengi, these comments have all been noted and filed. We know you go to Pompey a lot so just be careful  :D

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £85.23
Below Goal: £14.77
Site Currency: GBP
85% 
April Donations