Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grassyfield

Quote from: Newportnobby on January 01, 2024, 04:50:48 PMWell done for persevering and getting an oval sorted out.
Have you run any trains yet?

No... that's the scary part, i still need to buy a dcc control thing and connect feeder wires. I have a Grain wagon that goes around nicely pushing it but i know that's not testing any thing. So yeah, but i dont see why the loco would not go around it, radius should be big enough etc. Be cool if i bought every thing i needed for this at once but i didn't, i actually bought the loco first lol :smiley-laughing: , i am having tgrouble finding 22ga wire in my country, but i have all the other eletrcal parts here like the distribution boards and stuff, i just need to buy the zeypher dcc system then i have every thing.

Platy767

@Grassyfield
Hey Bro,

Why do you particularly need 22 gauge? Is that a DCC requirement? (Sorry, I'm DC)

This will do fine for hookup wire for an N gauge loop. Comes in lots of colours.
https://www.jaycar.co.nz/red-flexible-light-duty-hook-up-wire-sold-per-metre/p/WH3010

I use tinned copper wire or a single core from a multicore power cable for connection to the track (called a dropper), but you could use the Jaycar wire soldered directly to the track.

Mark

Platy767

@Grassyfield

This is what I mean by using a single core or strand out of a multicore cable. This is an earth conductor from a power cable that I strip down to single bare copper wires to solder to the track to use as a dropper.

Mark

Grassyfield

Hey thanks for replying. I don't think i need 22ga but im using 18ga as bus wire and i just am told thats a good ga for the feeders if using 18ga bus, i dont know if that wire would be suitable with the bus im using, but if it is then i would get it hopefully some one can confirm.

Ed

I believe 22AWG is approximately 16/0.2 stranding, which is fine for droppers (feeders) from the track to the bus wire.

By 22ga do you mean 22AWG?

Ed

Newportnobby

Personally I'd always use multi strand wire. The chances of all the strands breaking at the same time are nigh on impossible without some form of sabotage!

Platy767

Quote from: Newportnobby on January 02, 2024, 09:59:29 AMPersonally I'd always use multi strand wire. The chances of all the strands breaking at the same time are nigh on impossible without some form of sabotage!

True, but I've seen the way some people strip wire! It might start as a 16/0.2, but it gets soldered as 12/0.2 and after 1st wiggle is down to a 8/0.2!  :)

Papyrus

It's back!

My Grandad's clock is finally back on the wall after 10 years (TEN YEARS!) at the repairer. I originally took it in for repair and when it came back it worked OK for a couple of weeks then it failed again. I returned it to the shop and was told it needed a new part which could be hard to find. Certainly was... I popped in from time to time when I was passing to find out how things were going but he never had any news. Last summer, I decided I wanted it back, working or not. Then I got a phone call saying they had located the part, and now I have it back.

It is over 100 years old, being, as it was, a wedding present to my grandparents in 1919, and it may not have been new even then. Despite that, it has no great antique value but it means a lot to me as it was part of my early life as it was always in my Grandad's house until he died in 1989. I'm just delighted to hear its gentle tick again.

Cheers,

Chris

dannyboy

Talk about patience is a virtue!  :goggleeyes:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

JBQFC

I had my wisdom tooth out yesterday no problems and very few after affects

so a happy chap well apart from the bill

John

Trainfish

I wanted mine out and thought it would be recommended a few years ago. They told me the price and I was wise enough to not do it as I haven't had any problems since . I think it was a good decision as I hate to think whether I would have enough wisdom today to make the same or correct decision. Yes, I'm in the pub now talking twaddle, can you tell?
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Graham

Had all 4 of mine out in one go in hospital, many years ago, then got into N Gauge, so for me the removal was like an injection of wisdom.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Trainfish on January 10, 2024, 08:47:28 PMYes, I'm in the pub now talking twaddle, can you tell?

Oddly enough..........................yes :P

stevewalker

Quote from: JBQFC on January 10, 2024, 06:51:50 PMI had my wisdom tooth out yesterday no problems and very few after affects

so a happy chap well apart from the bill

John

I had all four of mine out, before they came through, in 1985. Luckily my dad had Bupa cover through work, so it was organised for when it suited me (just after I finished my A-levels), with a private room and they even asked me what I wanted for breakfast and which paper I'd like in the morning. All went well and the only after effects were a few days of mild discomfort and swelling.

A friend had the same, but on the NHS. He was in and out the same day and suffered for weeks with splinters of tooth coming through the gums.

Newportnobby

Maybe a sign for your mancave.................if you dare @Nbodger  ;)

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations